Today’s card is a happy card for lots of reasons. First, it’s a pop up fun fold! And second, how can you not smile when you see the Happiness Blooms Designer Series Paper? Not to mention the Bloom by Bloom stamp set.
Be sure to check out the Happiness Blooms Suite on pages 24-25 of our Occasions Catalog. It’s a whole lotta happy. Believe it or not, this pop up fun fold card is easy, doesn’t take a lot of supplies and can be used for lots of occasions. Today, I’ll be creating a birthday card with the sentiments from Happy Birthday Gorgeous.
The sweet bellyband holds everything shut and gives the pop up fun fold card an extra added level of texture and interest. The colors in the paper led to the color combo, Whisper White, Pineapple Punch, Calypso Coral, Night of Navy and Lovely Lipstick.
Voila, open the pop up fun fold card and you really get happy. You can add as much or as little stamping as you like. I even created a custom envelope and did some stamping on that as well.
I wanted the recipient to feel like they were receiving a bouquet of flowers. What do you think?
You can even display the card. Just push the diagonal scoreline back, while the card is open and it will stand. There you go, a two-for!!! Are you itching to create one of these? This pop up fun fold was originally highlighted on my recent Facebook Live, but I promised a clean version of this tutorial, here you go.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 9″, scored at 4 1/2″
- Pop-up Mechanism – Whisper White CS – 6″ x 6″, scored @ 3″, turn 90 degrees and score @ 3″. Score once on the diagonal, point to point.
- Mats – Lovely Lipstick CS – three @ 4″ x 4 1/4″
- DSP – Happiness Blooms DSP – three @ 3 3/4″ x 4″ and two @ 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″. The smaller pieces of DSP will be cut on the diagonal to decorate inside the pop-up mechanism.
- Belly Band – Lovely Lipstick CS – 1″ x 9 1/2″
- Scallop Circle – Pineapple Punch CS – 3″ x 3″, cut with the die from layering circle framelits.
- Sentiment Circle – Whisper White cS – 3″ x 3″, cut with the die from Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- Envelope – Thick Whisper White CS – 7 1/2″ x 7 1/2″, line up the left side of the paper on the Envelope Punch Board at 3 3/4″ to make your first punch and score. Then line up each score to punch the next notch.
I would appreciate you shopping my online store. Just click on any item below to begin filling your cart.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!