Welcome! I’m very excited to share today’s Poinsettia Petals Peek-a-boo Card. This one is my contribution to my WOW Team Holiday Card Swap. You’ll want to stick around. Because in the next few days I’ll be sharing the rest of the cards from the swap.
Where to start? There is just so many lovely elements. Well, since the Poinsettia is the star of show, I think I’ll start there. I’ve die cut it from the fabulous new Red Velvet Paper. Not only can you see on the embossed leaf veins, but the paper has a soft feel, adding lots of texture. You’ll want to pick up at least two packages of that one.
Because I wanted the card to have a vintage vibe, I roughed up the edges of the DSP mats with the blade of my paper snips. It was tough to decide which pattern of the Poinsettia Place DSP to choose. As a result, I chose two!
First of all, adding the peek-a-boo feature opened up a world of possibilities. Then, adding some gold heat embossing gave the card that touch of elegance.
Surprise, open the card and you have even more beautiful images from the Poinsettia Petals set. I’ve used my Stampin’ Blends to color both the poinsettia and the sprigs.
Above all, one of my favorite features, other than the poinsettia of course, is the vellum and metallic brushed sprigs. I love building layers upon layers of yummy elements.
Guess what? Next month I’ll be offering the beautiful Poinsettia Petals Bundle in my September WOW Class to GO!. This month my Forever Fern Class sold out in 24 hours. Be sure to subscribe to my blog so that you are notified as soon as I launch a new class. You won’t want to miss out. In the meantime, I’ld love to teach you how to create this one.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – one @ 4 1/4″ x 7 1/2″, scored @ 5 1/2″, one @ 2″ x 4 1/4″ and Window Sheet – one @ 2 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Mats – Real Red CS – two @ 4″ x 1 3/4″
- DSP Mats – Poinsettia Place DSP – pattern #1Wood Grain – two @ 3 3/4″ x 1 1/2″ and pattern #2 Holly – two @ 3 1/2″ x 1/1/4″.
- Inside DSP Mats – Poinsettia Place DSP, Holly Pattern – two @ 4 1/4″ x 1 3/4″
- Poinsettia – Red Velvet Paper – one @ 3 1/4″ x 3″, one @ 2 3/4″ x 3″ and one @ 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the dies from the Poinsettia Petals dies.
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – 2″ x 6 1/2″, cut two large and one small leaf with the dies from the Poinsettia set. Ink the edges in Bumble Bee ink.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/4″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the die from the Ornate Frames set. Stamp in versa mark, sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool.
- Berry Sprigs – Metallic Brushed CS – two @ 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the die from the Poinsettia set.
- Inside Poinsettia and Sprigs – Whisper White CS – 6″ x 2 3/4″. Stamp in versa mark, sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Cut with the dies from the Poinsettia set. Color with the Real Red and Mango Light Stampin’ Blends.
- Scallop Trim – Real Red CS – two @ 1″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Stitched Be Mine set.
- Vellum Doilies – two
- Beaded Pearls – one
Poinsettia Petals Peek-a-Boo Card Product List
Be sure to check back in a few days. I’ll be sharing the rest of the cards from my WOW Team Holiday Card Swap. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!