Welcome back!! So happy you’ve joined me today. Today’s card features the yummy Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper. The flocked designs on white vellum add lots of great texture and interest.
Oh my goodness, isn’t this just lovely? I’ve cut the poinsettia from Real Red card stock and then spritzed up all the petals with the Champagne Shimmer Mist. That little pot of goodness goes a long way and will enhance just about any design. All you have to do is add about 4 or 5 drops into a Stampin’ Spritzer and fill with 70% rubbing alcohol. Voila, instant shimmer mist.
Because the dies cut and emboss at that the same time, you are accomplishing two tasks at once. There are also two of the small dies in the set, so less running through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine. By using the gold metallic pearls it gave the little flowers just enough bling.
It was hard to choose which pattern from the plush poinsettia paper to use. But, I finally decided on this one. Because it’s vellum, sometimes that can be tricky to adhere. Not this time. I applied Tombo Glue to my Real Red card stock with a sponge making my card stock sticky and ready for the vellum.
What do you think about the sweet little leaves and the swirls? Those came from the Christmas Cardinal die set. Perfect addition to this design in my humble opinion.
By stamping that gorgeous poinsettia in second generation Real Red, I was able to add that lovely sentiment in Garden Green. Can’t get to much more traditional Christmas than that.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Garden Green CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 4 1/4″
- Mats – Real Red CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- DSP Mat – Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Large Poinsettia & Small Flowers – Real Red CS – 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″
- Leaves & Swirls – Garden Green CS – 2″ x 4 1/4″
- Sprigs & Flower Center – Gold Foil – 1 3/4″ x 4″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 1 1/4″
- Pearls – Metallic Gold – 9
Plush Poinsettia Happy Holidays Product List
I would appreciate you shopping my online store for any of your crafting supplies. Earning your business would be an honor. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!