Welcome! Today’s card is filled with lots of techniques. Starting things off, I’ll be using the new Pigment Sprinkles. These fabulous watercolor crystals come in a package of 6. Each 6gram pot contains a vibrant Stampin’ Up! color. The pigment sprinkles include Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape, Mango Melody, and Melon Mambo.
Pigment Sprinkles are fabulous for techniques including creating your own background papers. That’s just what I did for today’s card.
The Tasteful Backgrounds dies are a fabulous set to use for projects like this. The see-through image they leave behind, can be used to highlight your pigment sprinkles backbround paper. For this card I used pigment sprinkles in Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay and Gorgeous Grape.
The image from the die also mimics the embossing in our new Beads and Baubles embossing folder. That’s what I call coordination! Gotta love Stampin’ UP!
Because I stamped off that gorgeous medallion image in Gorgeous Grape, it added just the right touch to the focal image. I used the Layering Squares dies to cut both the focal image and the watercolor paper.
Next, I wanted to finish off the inside of the card with more of the Tasteful Background dies and the pigment sprinkles paper. Isn’t it beautiful? And that sentiment is perfect!
Look at all that texture, it’s hard not to love this. There are so many techniques, tips and tricks I’ld love to share with you. My card was featured first in my Sunday Live Facebook Show. But, I’ve also filmed a clean version for you today. Enjoy!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored on the 8 1/2″ side at 2 1/8″ on both ends. This will form your gatefold.
- Mats – Gorgeous Grape CS – two @2″ x 5 3/8″
- Embossed Mats – Daffodil Delight CS – two @1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″
- Scallop Square – Gorgeous Grape CS – 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the largest scallop square from the Layering Squares die set.
- Focal Square – Thick Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the largest square from the Layering Squares die set. Place the die from Tasteful Backgrouds on your whisper white square and run through the die cutting machine.
- Pigment Sprinkles Paper – Watercolor Paper – I created an 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ piece of paper so that I could use the paper to create two different cards. After creating your paper, you will cut one square using the largest square from the Layering Squares die set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. Stamp the sentiment in Gorgeous Grape. Cut the image with the die from the Rectangle Stitched Dies.
- Small Flower – Gorgeous Grape CS – 2″ x 2″, cut out some petals shapes with the die from Tasteful Backgrounds. Punch one 1/4″ circle with a handheld punch.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″. Cut the border with the die from Tasteful Backgrounds. Stamp the sentiment in Gorgeous Grape.
- Accent Strip for Inside Mat – Pigment Sprinkle Watercolor Paper – 2″ x 4″
Shopping my online store is quick and easy. Just click any item below to being filling your cart. By using my July Host Code, HHT49T4V, and placing a $50 order, you’ll receive my July thank you gift. You’ll get to choose a Stampin’ Blend in the color of your choice.
Thank you for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!