The Peeps are here! That means it time to create a cute Peeps Easter Treat Holder. If those cute bunnies have arrived, Easter is close behind. Time to start planning and creating those sweet Easter treats. Now, that Peeps come in all shapes, sizes and colors, it’s super easy to create stinkin’ cute treats like this.
With the current cold weather we are experiencing, I was soooo ready to create a springtime project. First things first, lets get a color palette going. How about Highland Heather, Basic White, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Granny Apple Green. That’s a true splash of happy color.
I’m lovin’ the sentiments from the new Springtime Joy stamp set in the Jan-June Mini Catalog. And all the other pretties for my Peeps Easter Treat were cut from my new favorite die set, Pierced Blooms. I even used the die in the set to cut the label for my sentiment.
Don’t worry, I’ve already figured out all the measurements for the box and have a template down below for you. There are four little bunny treats and guess what? They are also gluten free for those with a gluten allergy.
WOW, look at all that texture!! Told ya, I love the stitching left behind with the Pierced Blooms dies. Because I embossed the front panel of the box with the Meadow Moments embossing folder, I was able to add even more texture and a springtime look.
My Peeps Easter Treat wouldn’t have been complete without adding a window for them to peek out. I used our Layering Squares dies to finish it off.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Box – Highland Heather CS – 9 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, on the 9 1/2″ side, score @ 1″, 4 1/4″, 5 1/4″, 8 1/2″. Turn to the 8 1/2″ side and score @ 1/2″ 1 1/2″, 7″ and 8″. Trim as shown below. Cut the window with the 2 3/8″ square die. Emboss the panel with the Meadow Moments embossing folder.
- Frame – Basic White CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Layering Squares set. Scallop Square = 3″ and Square = 2 3/8″
- Sentiments – Basic White CS – one @ 2″ x 3″, cut with the die from the Pierced Blooms set. One @ 1/2″ x 2 1/2″. Both are stamped in Granny Apple Green.
- Small Flowers – Daffodil Delight CS – 1″ x 2 1/4″, cut three small and two medium flowers with the dies from the Pierced Blooms set.
- Large Flower – Melon Mambo CS – 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, cut with the die from the Pierced Blooms set.
- Leaves – Granny Apple Green CS – 1 3/4″ x 1 1/2″, cut with dies from the Pierced Blooms set.
- Bow – Melon Mambo CS – 2 1/4″ x 2″, cut with dies from the Pierced Blooms set. Apply Wink of Stella.