What? Pearlized Paper Technique, you say. Yep, that’s right. This technique junkie is about to teach you a quick and easy technique with your Frost White Shimmer Paint. Oh, and did I mention you are about to fall in love with the Sand & Sea Suite?
Did I get your attention yet? I love techniques that pack the WOW factor with minimal effort and supplies. This one does just that.
The Soft Sea Foam card stock now has a pearlized shimmer finish. It’s easy, grab a piece, sponge the Frost White Shimmer Paint on the surface. That’s it! Then, you’ll want to texturize it with the new Seashells 3D Embossing Folder. Why? Because it’s just too beautiful and it has a die to match!
I wanted to step it up a notch, of course. Because I used our fabulous new Blending Brushes, I was able to enhance the shells with Blushing Bride ink. Beautiful, right?
My sentiment is stamped in Blushing Bride and cut with the die from the Stitched So Sweetly die set. And that pretty sand dollar, was stamped in Sahara Sand on a piece of the Pearlescent Specialty Paper in the suite.
I’ve even added some of the Frost White Shimmer Paint to the small seashells and grassy images. That little pot of goodness is going to land on lots of upcoming projects.
I can’t wait to send this card to a special friend for her birthday. The Friends are Like Seashells stamp set has a variety of sentiments along with all those gorgeous shells.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Basic White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mat – Blushing Bride CS – 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Embossed Mat – Soft Sea Foam CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Sentiment – Basic White CS – 2″ x 3″, stamped in Blushing Bride, cut with the die from the Stitched So Sweetly die set.
- Stamped Images – Basic White CS – 2″ x 7″, stamped the leaf images in Soft Sea Foam, the shells in Blushing Bride and 2nd generation Soft Sea Foam. Cut with the dies from the Seaside Seashells set
- Sand Dollar – Pearlescent Specialty Paper – 2″ x 2″, stamped in Sahara Sand, cut with the die from the Seaside Seashells set
- Envelope – Basic White
- Whisper White Tulle Ribbon – 5 1/2″
- Pearls – 3 medium
Pearlized Paper Technique Product List
Which color combination will you try first? I can’t wait to cut up some squares and experiment. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!