Whose ready to have some fun? This card is filled with lots of great cardmaking techniques. I used the Peaceful Noel stamp set which is part of the Joyous Noel Suite of gorgeous products. Be sure to check them all out on page 29 in the Holiday Catalog. In this card I’ve incorporated the Joyous Noel Glimmer Paper and the Joyous Noel Specialty DSP.
If you love techniques, this project is for you. Not only did I highlight the Peaceful Noel set, but I’ve also included some tips and tricks with our Stamparatus and the gorgeous new Shimmer Paints. The paints are offered in four colors, Bright Copper, Vegas Gold, Champagne Mist and Frost White. Each one is even more lovely than the other.
It’s so easy to create a wreath making template with our Layering Squares Framelits. I started off with a 6″x 6″ piece of card stock, centering the largest plain square framelit. Then I ran it trough the Big Shot. Next, I centered the framelit on top of the cut out in a diamond fashion and ran it through again. There’s your template. The opening is 2 7/8″ x 2 7/8″. So, I cut my piece of Whisper White card stock in that size. Now, break out that Stamparatus so you can create this lovely wreath.
Using the line art leaf stamp and the fill in stamp, it was time to stamp away. The ink colors are Gray Granite and Merry Merlot, two new neutrals. Just stamp and turn your cardstock until you’ve create the perfect wreath.
The gorgeous embossed detail around the perimeter was created by dragging the Whisper White CS on the Versa Mark pad, sprinkling with Copper Embossing Powder and heating it up with the heat tool. I love the look. I made sure to use this same technique on the inside mat.
The texture on the leaves is where I introduced the first of two Copper Shimmer Paint techniques. Using the Timeless Textures flourish stamp, I pounced some shimmer paint onto the stamp with a sponge dauber. Stamping it onto the leaves punched with the leaf punch, created instant shimmery texture. To create the copper berries, the second shimmer paint technique, just dip the bottom of a small paintbrush in the paint and touch it onto the wreath.
Oops, I forgot to mention, the Peaceful Noel stamp set has a coordinating Sprig Punch, so this one can be purchased as a bundle. You’ll save 10% by taking advantage of that offer.
If you are like me, a visual is really helpful. So, guess what, I’ve filmed a FREE video tutorial for you.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Gray Granite – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mat – Tranquil Tide CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Designer Series Paper – Joyous Noel – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Glimmer Paper – Joyous Noel in Merry Merlot – 3″ x 3″
- Focal – Whisper White CS – 2 7/8″ x 2 7/8″
- Sentiment – Joyous Noel Glimmer Paper in Merry Merlot – I cut the scalloped circle from the center of the mat with the Layering Circle die (1 3/4″). Whisper White CS – 3″ x 2 1/2″
- Leaves – Tranquil Tide CS – punch 4 sets of leaves from scraps with the Leaf Punch
- Sprigs – Copper Foil Paper – 4″ x 2 1/4″ , cut with the die from Frosted Bouquet Framelits
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 51/4″ x 4″
- Braided Linen Trim – about 10″
- Other: Copper Embossing Powder, Bright Copper Shimmer Paint, Champagne Shimmer Paint
If you need any supplies to complete the project, I would appreciate you shopping my online store.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!