By popular demand, I’ve designed WOW Card Sketch #2 to share with you. Creating Christmas cards just got a whole lot easier with the Peaceful Boughs bundle. This beautiful set, with coordinating dies, can be found in the Holiday Catalog on page 15. Only a month left to order, but items are while supplies last. Don’t miss out.
I received so many requests to incorporate a card sketch series both here and on my YouTube Channel. So, here’s our WOW Card Sketch #2.
Just remember, the sketch is to inspire. You can tweak it, add a layer, or you can use as is. Be sure to post your creation on my WOW NOLA Creations Facebook Page. Your name will be entered on the prize wheel. Be sure to read the post for all the rules. Now, let’s take a closer look at the sweet Peaceful Boughs Christmas card created with this sketch.
Once I had the sketch nailed down, my next decision was a color scheme. I choice colors from the Wrapped in Plaid Specialty Designer Series Paper. Because I love rich warm colors, my palette includes Night of Navy, Shaded Spruce, Cherry Cobbler, Gold and a bit of Whisper White.
Dry embossing adds so much to a project. This time, the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder added just the right amount of texture to the Shaded Spruce mat. I think it really made the boughs pop. Next step was to complete the inside of the card.
Having fabulous large greetings, like the one in the Peaceful Boughs set, helps to finish things off. I stamped it in Night of Navy and added just a strip of the Wrapped in Plaid DSP. I’ve got a video tutorial for you as well. Enjoy!!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Night of Navy CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″. The card will fold on the left.
- Designer Series Paper Mat – Wrapped in Plaid Specialty DSP – 4″ x 4″
- Accent Band – Gold Foil – 4 1/4″ x 1/2″
- Focal – Night of Navy CS – 2 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ and Shaded Spruce CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″. Emboss the Shaded Spruce mat with the Subtle 3D Embossing folder.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 1 1/2″, stamped in Night of Navy. Cut the image with the die from the Beautiful Boughs set.
- Boughs – Gold Foil – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut one medium and one small bough with the dies from Beautiful Boughs.
- Banners – Wrapped in Plaid Specialty DSP – three @ 3/4″ x 2″, punch one end of each with the Tailored Tag punch.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy.
- Inside Accent Strip – Wrapped in Plaid Specialty DSP 3/4″ x 4″.
- Metallic Pearls – three gold
Peaceful Boughs Christmas Card with WOW Card Sketch #2 Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!