When the Stampin’ Up! Mini Catalog launched, I wasn’t sure I needed the Parisian Blossoms Suite. What in the world was I thinking? The products in this suite are filled with elegant motifs mixed with lovely touches of foil. Together they evoke images of Paris in the spring.
One of my wonderful WOW Club members asked that I use the Parisian Blossoms Suite for her club night project. Shawn wanted a gift bag and card. Dont worry, the gift bag is coming soon. Using the fabulous Parisian Blossoms DSP was a MUST!
The sheet I used, for the card, is one with the gorgeous champagne foil accents. Remember, lovely papers, like this one, can do lots of the work for you.
By using my champagne shimmer mist on those sweet cherry blossoms, I was able to easily give them both shimmer and dimension.
A simple watercolor wash can transform your background and give it so much more interest. Simply pick up a little ink on a block to keep your ink well clean. Break out your aqua painter and lightly wash on the color.
Be sure to add something special to the inside of your card. The beautiful cherry blossom branch can be easily colored with our Stampin’ Blends. Because that image is so dramatic, it definitely adds the WOW factor. Want to learn all my tips and tricks? I think you will enjoy my video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base- Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″ – score @ 5 1/2″
- Mat – Petal Pink CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Parisian Blossoms Specialty DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Focal – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 4″, cut with the die from Stitched So Sweetly
- Flowers – Petal Pink CS – 1 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the dies from Cherry Blossoms, ink in Basic Gray, spritz with champagne shimmer mist.
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – 2″ x 8 1/2″, cut two with the die from Cherry Blossoms.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 1 1/2″, stamp the fleur de lis and postage stamp in Basic Gray. Die cut the fleur de lis with the die from the Parisian set. Punch the postage stamp image with the 1″ circle.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″ – stamp the images in Basic Gray.
- Accent Band – Pool Party CS – 1″ x 5 1/2″, emboss with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder.
- Detail Die Cut – Petal Pink CS – 1″ x 4 1/2″, cut with the die from the Lily Pad set.
Parisian Blossoms Romantic Card Product List
Stay tuned for the matching gift bag. I don’t think you will want to miss it. Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!