Welcome! I’ve got a fabulous fancy fold for you today. It’s a tri-fold shutter card. At first glance it looks a little complicated. But, if you break it down step by step, it truly is not. First of all, I always start things off by creating a template. That template is always with inexpensive white cardstock, that I purchase by the ream. You’re killing two birds with one stone. As a result, you have a template for future use and you haven’t messed up your beautiful Stampin’ Up! papers.
Isn’t this just fabulous? I’m loving all the dimension and interest in the tri-fold shutter card. Because I used the Woven Threads DSP, I think the card has a soft, old world sort of look. Those lovely papers include all the new 2019-2021 in-colors. Each is lovlier than the next.
One tip I would love to share – use your Stamparatus with this set. Don’t have one? Well, you need one. It’s a fabulous stamp positioning tool that makes stamping two and three step stamps a breeze. Don’t worry, in the free video tutorial at the end of this post, I’ll show you how easy that tool can be to use.
More good news to share. Our Tin Time 3D embossing folder is back in stock. That’s what I used to give those embossed panels the texture we all love. There is just so much to love about that gorgeous rose. The 3-step stamping adds fabulous color variation. Smoky Slate is a great neutral in lieu of black. And last, but not least there is a die in the bundle to cut many of the images. Can’t get too much better than that.
Above all, decorating the panels of the tri-fold shutter card was easy. All I had to do was keep some of the off cuts. No waste, you can use those to create the panels in the center of the tri-fold.
Finally, my color combination is Rococo Rose, Smoky Slate and Seaside Spray, with a hint of Mint Macaron. What do you think?
Are your ready to create one of these?
***Free Video Tutorial & PDF***
Because some crafters love not only a visual, but written instructions as well, I’ve created this PDF for you. It’s a little thank you for the continued support of my blog, online store and YouTube Channel.
Click any of the products below to start your shopping cart in my online store. July orders reaching $50 (before tax and shipping), earn a Bonus Days Coupon from Stampin’ Up! Furthermore, be sure to use my host code, HHT49T4V, to earn even more benefits. By purchasing from my store, you help me make it possible to provide you with all these goodies.
Hope you have some fun with this one. Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to subscribe! Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! Today’s card is filled with lots of techniques. Starting things off, I’ll be using the new Pigment Sprinkles. These fabulous watercolor crystals come in a package of 6. Each 6gram pot contains a vibrant Stampin’ Up! color. The pigment sprinkles include Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape, Mango Melody, and Melon Mambo.
Pigment Sprinkles are fabulous for techniques including creating your own background papers. That’s just what I did for today’s card.
The Tasteful Backgrounds dies are a fabulous set to use for projects like this. The see-through image they leave behind, can be used to highlight your pigment sprinkles backbround paper. For this card I used pigment sprinkles in Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay and Gorgeous Grape.
The image from the die also mimics the embossing in our new Beads and Baubles embossing folder. That’s what I call coordination! Gotta love Stampin’ UP!
Because I stamped off that gorgeous medallion image in Gorgeous Grape, it added just the right touch to the focal image. I used the Layering Squares dies to cut both the focal image and the watercolor paper.
Next, I wanted to finish off the inside of the card with more of the Tasteful Background dies and the pigment sprinkles paper. Isn’t it beautiful? And that sentiment is perfect!
Look at all that texture, it’s hard not to love this. There are so many techniques, tips and tricks I’ld love to share with you. My card was featured first in my Sunday Live Facebook Show. But, I’ve also filmed a clean version for you today. Enjoy!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored on the 8 1/2″ side at 2 1/8″ on both ends. This will form your gatefold.
- Mats – Gorgeous Grape CS – two @2″ x 5 3/8″
- Embossed Mats – Daffodil Delight CS – two @1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″
- Scallop Square – Gorgeous Grape CS – 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the largest scallop square from the Layering Squares die set.
- Focal Square – Thick Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the largest square from the Layering Squares die set. Place the die from Tasteful Backgrouds on your whisper white square and run through the die cutting machine.
- Pigment Sprinkles Paper – Watercolor Paper – I created an 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ piece of paper so that I could use the paper to create two different cards. After creating your paper, you will cut one square using the largest square from the Layering Squares die set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. Stamp the sentiment in Gorgeous Grape. Cut the image with the die from the Rectangle Stitched Dies.
- Small Flower – Gorgeous Grape CS – 2″ x 2″, cut out some petals shapes with the die from Tasteful Backgrounds. Punch one 1/4″ circle with a handheld punch.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″. Cut the border with the die from Tasteful Backgrounds. Stamp the sentiment in Gorgeous Grape.
- Accent Strip for Inside Mat – Pigment Sprinkle Watercolor Paper – 2″ x 4″
Shopping my online store is quick and easy. Just click any item below to being filling your cart. By using my July Host Code, HHT49T4V, and placing a $50 order, you’ll receive my July thank you gift. You’ll get to choose a Stampin’ Blend in the color of your choice.
Thank you for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome, so happy that you’ve stopped by today. I’ve got a pretty special project to share. It’s my Dad’s Father’s Day Card. When I created the triple easel fold for this card, I knew I wanted to highlight the Rooted in Nature set. Using rich earthy colors, and the lovely images in the set, the card came to life and was perfect for this special occasion.
Because the card base is so easy to score and fold, this triple easel fold card can be mass produced for any occasion. My rich color palette of Blackberry Bliss, Cajun Craze and Tranquil Tide is one of my favorites. I’ll be sad when Tranquil Tide retires on June 3rd.
The fabulous Rooted in Nature stamp set and Nature’s Roots dies will carry over to our new Annual Catalog. But, right now, until June 4, 2019, you can enjoy a 10% savings with the bundle format.
Each panel of the triple easel fold card has its own little message. In this one, I used the stamp from Forever Lovely for the “love you”. Don’t you just love the embossing on those leaves? The dies in the set do all the work.
The Flourishing Phrases stamp set had the perfect sentiment for my second panel. My Dad is such a faith filled person, he will love this one. And, WOW, I’m in love with the new Stitched Nested Labels Dies. These will debut on June 4th. in the new catalog. Need a catalog? Leave me a message here, and I’ll get one off to you.
The final panel on the triple easel fold has one of the most meaningful images for Dad and me. I love that oak tree image and he is a WONDERFUL person. I wish you all could know him.
With this fold, each panel supports the one above it. For the smallest panel, the beautiful Leaf Trinket is the little decorative stopper. Those embellishments will carry over. Woohoo!!
The best part is that when you close the card, it fits in a standard envelope. As each panel is lifted and put into place, it reveals the next greeting on the card. Want to create one? Need a visual? I’ve filmed a FREE tutorial for you.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Blackberry Bliss CS – one @8″ x 4″, scored @ 2″ and 4″, one @6″ x 3″, scored @ 1 1/2″ and 3″, and one @4″ x 2″, scored at 1″ and 2″.
- Back Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 1 3/4″
- Bottom Designer Series Paper Mats – Nature’s Poem DSP – one @ 3 3/4″ 3 3/4″, one @2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ and one @1 3/4″ x 1 3/4″
- Panel Mats – Whisper White CS – one @4″ x 4″, one @3″ x 3″ and one @2″ x 2″. Also, Nature’s Poem DSP – one @3 7/8″ x 3 7/8″, one @2 7/8″ x 2 7/8″ and one @1 7/8″ x 1 7/8″.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″
- Mound for the Oak Tree – Cajun Craze CS – 3 7/8″ x 1 3/4″, embossed with the Subtle embossing folder.
- Frame for Panel #2 Sentiment – Tranquil Tide CS – 2 1/2″ x 4″
- Leaves – Cajun Craze cS – 4″ x 2 1/2″
- Scallop Circle – Tranquil Tide CS – punch one 1 1/8″ scallop circle.
I would appreciate you shopping my online store for your supply needs.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
I love fancy folds. How about you? My fold flat card is quick and easy and fits in a standard sized envelope. I featured the fold flat card in a recent Facebook Live and everyone loved it. I’ll also be teaching this fancy fold at my WOW Class this week. Can’t wait!
Sometimes, the most unexpected color combo can turn out to be a new favorite. This time, it’s Mango Melody and Rich Razzleberry.
And of course I had to use that fabulous Country Floral Embossing Folder. WOW, does that add a lot of texture and interest. And did you notice the embellishments? Those sweet little jewels are our Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets. And guess what – they will carry over to the new catalog. Woohoo!!
With the flat fold card, you have lots of room on the reverse side not only to write your message, but stamp, color and embellish even more. I call that a win-win. I’m featuring the Butterfly Gala bundle and the Beauty Abounds stamp set in the flat fold card. Both will carry over, but don’t wait, be sure to get them before June 4th, so that you can save 10% with the bundle discount.
In the pic above you can see that the flat fold card is constructed with just two main pieces of card stock. It’s the scoring and fold that do all the work. I invite you to take a moment to view my video tutorial to see how easy the flat fold card is to create.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Mango Melody CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored on the 11″ side at 1/2″, 2″, 4″ and 5 1/2″.
- Front Card Base Panel – Rich Razzleberry CS – 5 1/2″ x 3″, score on the 5 1/2″ side at 1/2″ and 2″.
- Mats – Rich Razzleberry CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″ and one @ 4″ x 1 3/4″
- Mats – Whisper White CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 5″. Emboss one with the Country Floral embossing folder. Stamp the other in Memento Tuxedo Black ink using the stamps from Beauty Abounds. Stamp second generation in Mango Melody the large Bokeh image. Color the images using the light Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends.
- Front Panel Mat – Mango Melody CS – 2 3/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Front Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 3″, stamp the sentiment from Beauty Abounds in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Butterflies – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 5 1/2″, stamp two sets in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, color with the light Pumpkin Pie and light Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Blends. Punch with the Butterfly Duet punch.
I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store for your paper crafting supplies. Just click any image to begin filling your cart.
Thanks for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Ok, whose ready for a sneak peek? Not only that, I’ve got a very fun and easy diamond easel fold card for you! A big thanks to Samantha Clayton with Mixed Up Crafts. She featured the diamond easel fold on a recent video on her YouTube Channel. As soon as I saw it, I knew which set I wanted to incorporate in this fancy fold.
The Magnolia Lane Suite was featured at our recent OnStage. I was lucky enough to get to order the suite of products in my preorder. That’s just one of the perks of being an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. As soon as it arrived, I knew it would be one of the first sets I would ink up. Then all the stars aligned and the magic happened when I saw the diamond easel fold on Samantha’s channel. The rest is history. Here is my version of the diamond easel fold featuring the gorgeous Good Morning Magnolia bundle.
Isn’t the magnolia image stunning? The bundle includes a 10-piece cling set with 16 coordinating dies. There are also lovely Magnolia Lane designer series papers, Memories & More cards, a ribbon combo pack, cork embellishments and a fabulous Magnolia 3D embossing folder. You’ll find the suite on page 37. If you don’t have a demonstrator you’re working with, I would love to earn your business. Let me know if you need a catalog and I’ll get one out to you ASAP.
On the inside of the diamond easel fold I couldn’t resist stamping the lovely sentiment. To make things even more interesting the dies in the set are so versatile. You can form lots of different types of flowers, in all shapes and sizes. I have visions of lovely flowers dancing in my head.
But I think the star of the show is the large magnolia image. In our backyard, we have two large Magnolia trees that my Dad planted about 40 years ago. While writing this blog post for you, I’m looking out my window. I can see the blooms floating atop the branches. Later today, when I pick a bouquet, I know they leave an intoxicating fragrance in my house. Having flowers on my kitchen windowsill makes me happy. It makes washing dishes more of a pleasure and less a chore.
Because I used the diamond easel fold, I needed something to hold the card open for display. Don’t you think the flower did the trick?
I would love to share with you how I created this card. I filmed a video tutorial I think you will enjoy. Sit back, relax and I’ll show you how quick and easy this card truly is. **NOTE – Ooops, in the video I mentioned that the Shimmery White CS would retire. But, I was pleasantly surprised when I found out today that it will carry over. HOORAY!!!!!!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Whisper White CS – 12″ x 6″, scored on the 12″ side at 3″ and 6″.
- Mats – Mossy Meadow CS – two @ 4″ x 4″, two @ 5 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ and one @ 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- DSP Mats – Magnolia Lane DSP – two @ 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Embossed Mats – Petal Pink CS – one @ 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ and one @ 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, both embossed with the Tin Tile embossing folder.
- Inside Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Magnolia and Front Sentiment – Shimmer White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Scallop Oval – Petal Pink CS – 1 1/2″ x 2 3/4″
- Flower – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″, Mossy Meadow CS – 4″ x 1 1/4″, Daffodil Delight CS – 1″ x 2 1/2″
- Envelope -Whisper White CS – 9 1/2″ x 9 1/2″ – using the envelope punch board, punch and score at 4 3/4″. You will be creating an envelope for a finished card of 6″ x 6″.
- I invite you to view the video for the cutting, stamping, and assembly of this diamond easel fold card.
I know you must be itching to place an order for this suite of products. The first day customers can order will be June 4, 2019. However, if you join my Team, you can place new products in your starter kit beginning May 2nd. That’s a whole month early. When you join, you get to choose $125 worth of products for only $99 and FREE shipping on top of that. Contact me today so we can get you all signed up. You’ll love being a part of Susan’s WOW Team!
In the product list below, I’m not able to list the new products yet, but I’ve listed all those that are currently available.
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Ready to get your creativity on? Today we will be creating this beautiful inside pop up card. I can’t take credit for the fold. Samantha Clayton, with Mixed Up Craft was the lovely artist that came up with the fold. This card is my version, with a few tweaks.
First, the inside pop up card is larger than your standard card. Of course it is, you’ve got to show off all those beautiful elements! And, that gives us more of an opportunity to create all those little vignettes. Whoever receives this card will feel super special. Let’s break down the inside pop up card, step by step. First, the card front, which in itself is pretty stunning.
My jumping off point for the design and color scheme was the gorgeous All My Love Designer Series Paper. The Forever Lovely Bundle isn’t just for Valentine’s Day, it truly is an all occasion set.
Because the inside pop up card needs to be pretty flat on the inside, I decided to add dimension on the card front. That lovely flower cluster has so much interest and texture, it makes the sentiment pop.
Then of course the star of the show, the inside pop up itself! I promise this card isn’t difficult. There are lots of pieces. But, you get to decide how much you want to embellish it. You know me, when it comes to pretties, I can’t seem to stop. Here’s a pic of the template for the scoring and other details to create the mechanism.
No worries, though, I’ve also filmed a video tutorial and it’s listed at the end of this blog post, as well as my YouTube Channel.
Displaying the inside pop up card you’ll be able to appreciate all that it has to offer.
My color palette is Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White, Lovely Lipstick and Sea Foam Green. It’s so easy to choose a palette from your designer series paper. All the colors are always listed on the backer sheet in the pack.
I just couldn’t pass up using the Delicate Lace Edgelits to dress up the opening. Those dies get a little lost in the catalog since they aren’t matched with one exclusive stamp set. You know why? They go with everything!
Every little view in the inside pop up card reveals a little something else. Can you see those gorgeous butterflies hiding in the background? I love those types of little surprises. Ready to create an inside pop up card of your very own. I promised a FREE video tutorial and here it is. It’s a little longer than most of my videos, but I think this project is worth it. Sit back, relax, grab a beverage and enjoy!!
Normally, I list how the magic happens here in blog posts. This one is so detailed, I decided instead to create a detailed PDF for you. You can print it or save it to your computer for future use.
Here’s a list of the supplies I’ve used for my inside pop up card. Remember, you can substitute, add or take away as much as you like. I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store for any supplies you might want to pick up.
I would love to hear what you thought about this project. Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!