Ready to get your creativity on? Today we will be creating this beautiful inside pop up card. I can’t take credit for the fold. Samantha Clayton, with Mixed Up Craft was the lovely artist that came up with the fold. This card is my version, with a few tweaks.
First, the inside pop up card is larger than your standard card. Of course it is, you’ve got to show off all those beautiful elements! And, that gives us more of an opportunity to create all those little vignettes. Whoever receives this card will feel super special. Let’s break down the inside pop up card, step by step. First, the card front, which in itself is pretty stunning.
My jumping off point for the design and color scheme was the gorgeous All My Love Designer Series Paper. The Forever Lovely Bundle isn’t just for Valentine’s Day, it truly is an all occasion set.
Because the inside pop up card needs to be pretty flat on the inside, I decided to add dimension on the card front. That lovely flower cluster has so much interest and texture, it makes the sentiment pop.
Then of course the star of the show, the inside pop up itself! I promise this card isn’t difficult. There are lots of pieces. But, you get to decide how much you want to embellish it. You know me, when it comes to pretties, I can’t seem to stop. Here’s a pic of the template for the scoring and other details to create the mechanism.
No worries, though, I’ve also filmed a video tutorial and it’s listed at the end of this blog post, as well as my YouTube Channel.
Displaying the inside pop up card you’ll be able to appreciate all that it has to offer.
My color palette is Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White, Lovely Lipstick and Sea Foam Green. It’s so easy to choose a palette from your designer series paper. All the colors are always listed on the backer sheet in the pack.
I just couldn’t pass up using the Delicate Lace Edgelits to dress up the opening. Those dies get a little lost in the catalog since they aren’t matched with one exclusive stamp set. You know why? They go with everything!
Every little view in the inside pop up card reveals a little something else. Can you see those gorgeous butterflies hiding in the background? I love those types of little surprises. Ready to create an inside pop up card of your very own. I promised a FREE video tutorial and here it is. It’s a little longer than most of my videos, but I think this project is worth it. Sit back, relax, grab a beverage and enjoy!!
Normally, I list how the magic happens here in blog posts. This one is so detailed, I decided instead to create a detailed PDF for you. You can print it or save it to your computer for future use.
Here’s a list of the supplies I’ve used for my inside pop up card. Remember, you can substitute, add or take away as much as you like. I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store for any supplies you might want to pick up.
I would love to hear what you thought about this project. Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Do you love the WOW you get with an interactive card? You’ll be going to this Easy Fun Fold over and over to create cards for every occasion. This time, mine is a birthday card using the Wonderful Romance stamp set. This double z-fold is an easy fun fold, the scoring of the card base is the key.
Be sure to check out the lovely specialty designer series papers in the Floral Romance Suite. You won’t regret it. The paper pack is filled with lovely soft, elegant designs.
A little confession is in order. The dies that were offered for this fabulous stamp set, have sold out. But, that large glorious image wouldn’t be too difficult to fussy cut. Or, if you are a techie and have a fancy electronic cutter that would work as well. I also know, that if the dies are sold out, lots of you guys have them. Break them out and create along with me!
You can use lots of Stampin’ Up! coloring options to finish off this lovely image. I used a few Stampin’ Write Markers as well as the Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Blend. The best part, no matter which one you choose, you can mix and match and they all coordinate. Why? Stampin’ Up! has the best color coordination EVER!
The sweet little panel next to the sentiment, is the perfect spot for your handwritten message. It’s okay, I give you permission to write on the DSP! hahahaha!!!
Hope I captured the embossing on the images for you. I think the light was hitting just right in this photo. That adds another level of texture, interest and WOW to this card.
Because you’ve created this easy fun fold your recipient can display the card as well. And believe me, they will do just that. Want to create one now? Here you go, a FREE video tutorial to help you do just that.
Here’s how the magic happens:
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – one @ 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″; one @ 3 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ and 6 3/8″
- Mats – Rich Razzleberry CS – one @ 4″ x 3 1/4″, two @ 1 3/4″ x 3 1/4″, two @ 2 1/2″ x 4″ and one @5 1/4″ x 4″.
- Floral Romance DSP Mats – one @ 3 3/4″ x 3″, two @ 1 1/2″ x 3″, two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ and one @ 5″ x 3 3/4″. Ink the edges of the green panels with Mossy Meadow ink.
- Large Floral Image – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 5″, stamp the image in versa mark, sprinkle with Black Embossing Powder and heat set with the heat tool. You can either cut the image with the die from Wonderful Floral Framelits, fussy cut it or cut with an electronic cutter.
- Leaves – Mossy Meadow CS – 1 3/4″ x 3 1/4″, I used the dies from Wonderful Floral Framelits, but a good substitute would be First Frost.
- Sprigs – Rich Razzleberry CS – 1 3/4″ x 2 1/4″, I used the dies from Wonderful Floral Framelits, but a good substitute would be First Frost.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 1 1/2″ – stamp the image in versa mark, sprinkle with Black Embossing Powder and heat set with the heat tool. Cut out the image with the die from Stitched Labels.
- Vellum Leaf Accents – fussy cut leaf images from the vellum in the Floral Romance DSP.
- Pearls – 3 large
- Linen Trim – Braided Linen – about 8″
If you need any supplies, I’ve listed them below. I would love to earn your business.
Thanks so much for stopping by. If you haven’t already, I would love to have you subscribe to my blog. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful.
The Crackle Paint background stamp will be one you’ll be reaching for time after time. I just love it when Stampin’ Up! offers a stamp that is so versatile.
To start things off, I wanted to have some texture along with the crackle paint background. So, I stamped the Basic Gray mat, tone on tone and then ran it through the Big Shot with the Corrugated Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Talk about texture!
Because I didn’t want to do traditional coloring, I decided to break out my Brushos. They create intense color and are so fun to play with. Time to get a little inky! For both the hummer and the flower I used the Yellow and Brilliant Red.
I used watercolor paper for both the hummer and the flower. Just cut two 4″ x 4″ pieces and you’re on your way. For the flower, spritz it first with some Champagne Shimmer Mist, then with a little water. Sprinkle the entire surface with the Yellow Brusho and then the Brilliant Red. You’ll start to see the colors bloom, but when you spritz once more with your water spritzer, you’ll really see the colors come to life.
I punched three sets of leaves from Call Me Clover CS and stamped them tone on tone with the Crackle Paint Background stamp. See, it can do double duty. Inking and crimping the leaves give them more of a realistic look, don’t you think?
Using black embossing powder on the hummer and the sentiment really made them pop. I think it also gave a rich look to the card. In my FREE video tutorial, I’ll show you step by step how to create this lovely card.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Lovely Lipstick CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed/Stamped Mat – Basic Gray CS 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the Crackle Paint Background stamp in Basic Gray and then run the mat through the Big Shot with the Corrugated Embossing Folder.
- Hummingbird – Watercolor Paper – 4″ x 4″, stamp the hummingbird in Versa Mark, sprinkle with black embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Apply the brusho color as shown in the video. Cut out the image with the coordinating die.
- Flower – Watercolor Paper – 4″ x 4″. Apply the brusho color as shown in the video. Punch out the 3 images using the Four-Petal Flower punch. Ink the edges in Lovely Lipstick.
- Leaves – Call Me Clover CS – scrap – punch 3 sets of leaves using the Leaf punch. Stamp with the Crackle Paint Background stamp in Call Me Clover ink.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 2″ – stamp the sentiment in Versa Mark, sprinkle with black embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Cut out the image with the coordinating die.
- Ribbon – Lovely Lipstick Stitched Edge – 6″
- Faceted Gem – Gold, 1 large
I would very much appreciate you business. You can begin your order by selecting any of the products below.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Have you ever challenged yourself to use only stamps, ink and paper to create a card? It’s a little tougher than you think. Especially when your style is lots of dimension and layers. But, in my Wishing you Well birthday card I did just that. Let’s all take part in the #simplestamping revolution!!
A lovely friend and fellow talented card maker asked if I would rally my local crafters to create Cards for the Troops. We got together to create over 130 cards in just one afternoon. One of the rules was that we couldn’t use too many layers or dimension. That would cause the soldiers to have to add extra postage and we didn’t want that to happen.
But, of course, we all wanted to produce beautiful cards for them to share with their family and friends. The Wishing You Well stamp set is one of our DistINKtive sets. In just one stamping motion you get both highlights and low lights and look at all that dimension with just ink. My color combo was Garden Green, Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss and Soft Suede.
The super cute bee comes from the Touches of Texture set that you can find in our Annual Catalog. Coloring him in with our Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker added just the right amount of color to make him pop off the page. Just another little trick to give your card dimension without adding layers.
To give my Wishing You Well birthday card a little more interest and dimension I used a thumping technique with the stamp from Timeless Textures. Would you like to learn how to do that? Here’s another one of my FREE video tutorials for you. Not only will I teach you this little technique but also some tips for using our Stamparatus to make creating multiples a snap!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Bermuda Bay CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamped Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
Here’s a supply list. Just tap on any image to start filling your shopping cart.
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Time for a little sneak peek of the Humming Along bundle in Stampin’ Up!’s new 2019 Occasions Catalog. It was no big surprise that I was drawn to this bundle. I love hummingbirds, they frequent my garden almost year round. As a matter of fact, while typing this, having my cup of morning coffee, I can see one feeding.
The Humming Along bundle can be found on page 36 of the new 2019 Occasions Catalog. The stamp set has not only beautiful bold images, but also a collection of versatile sentiments. Need a catalog? If you aren’t currently working with a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, be sure to leave me a comment and I’ll be in touch so we can get one in the mail.
Once you stamp this gorgeous hummer, you’ll want to give it some color. Be sure to pick up the two NEW sets of Stampin’ Blends highlighted with the Humming Along bundle. By doing so, you’ll qualify for a FREE Sale-a-Bration item. And who doesn’t love free? We’ve got so many fabulous goodies in the Sale-a-Bration brochure.
That drop dead gorgeous background was created with our Lace Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. First, I embossed my mat of Granny Apple Green cardstock. Then I ran a lightly inked sponge of Smoky Slate over the embossed background. That really gave the piece a shabby look and made the embossing pop. The edges were crying for a little distressing, so I did just that.
Creating a little color and interest to my sentiment is one technique I love to incorporate. This time, I stamped the single leaf image in Granny Apple Green and then colored it in with my Blender Pen. Quick, easy and ties everything together.
Did you notice? I positioned the cardstock in the embossing folder just right so I would be sure to have a little flower for our hummer? Each flower was highlighted a little more with the Wink of Stella pen and a sweet pearl for the center. Join me in my studio so that I can show you all the steps to create this lovely card.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″.
- Mat – Calypso Coral CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Embossed Mat – Granny Apple Green CS – 5″ x 3 3/4″, embossed with the Lace Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Humming Bird – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 3 11/2″, stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black. Color the image with the following Stampin’ Blends: Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green, Smoky Slate and Calypso Coral.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 2″, stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black, cut with the die from Hummingbird Framelits Dies. Stamp the leaf in Granny Apple Green and color in with a Blender Pen.
- Ribbon – Gray Granite Texture Weave – about 5 1/2″
- Metallic Thread – Silver
- Pearls – Basic Pearls, three small
Are you itching to get the Humming Along bundle on your next order? The new catalog and Sale-a-Bration promotion will launch January 3, 2019. I would appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by! Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Sometimes, creating masculine cards can be little challenging. But, no more! The Rooted in Nature bundle in the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog makes it quick, easy and oh so beautiful.
The 16-piece red rubber stamp set has a 12-piece coordinating die set. That makes cutting the images a breeze. Your Big Shot Magnetic Platform will help you die cut those stamped images. And while you’ve got your Big Shot out, why not emboss a couple of the elements with the Layered Leaves embossing folder.
Adding layers and texture really enhanced the masculine look of this design. I just love the oak tree image and have stamped this one in Soft Suede.
Stampin’ Up! to the rescue with an assortment of leaf trinkets to add just the perfect metal element to the card. There is a mix of both copper and silver elements in the package.
Since this card is for my wonderful, strong, handsome, brilliant son, my first born, I wanted the inside sentiment to say just that. This one is from the Picture Perfect Birthday set, stamped in gorgeous Blackberry Bliss ink.
Let’s put this card together. Here’s my FREE video tutorial to help you through the process.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Blackberry Bliss CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper – 5″ x 3 3/4″, embossed with the Layered Leaves embossing folder.
- Scallop Oval – Soft Suede CS – 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from Layering Ovals. Paper pierce each of the scallops using a Paper Piercer on a Stampin’ Pierce Mat.
- Embossed Oval – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from Layering Ovals, Emboss with the Layered Leaves embossing folder. Ink with Cajun Craze.
- Tree – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 3 1/2″ – stamp the oak tree in Soft Suede and cut the image with the die from Nature’s Roots Framelits Dies.
- Sentiment – Blackberry Bliss CS – 1/2″ x 3″ – run embossing buddy over surface, stamp the sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings in Whisper White Craft Ink. Sprinkle with the white embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Trim the sentiment with paper snips.
- Inside Card – Stamp the sentiment from Picture Perfect Birthday in Blackberry Bliss ink.
- Burlap Ribbon – 5″
- Embellishments – Leaves Trinkets – silver – one single and one double.
In case you need any supplies to complete this project, I’ve created a list below making your shopping experience quick and easy. Just click an image and start filling your shopping cart. I appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!