Time for a little sneak peek of the Humming Along bundle in Stampin’ Up!’s new 2019 Occasions Catalog. It was no big surprise that I was drawn to this bundle. I love hummingbirds, they frequent my garden almost year round. As a matter of fact, while typing this, having my cup of morning coffee, I can see one feeding.
The Humming Along bundle can be found on page 36 of the new 2019 Occasions Catalog. The stamp set has not only beautiful bold images, but also a collection of versatile sentiments. Need a catalog? If you aren’t currently working with a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, be sure to leave me a comment and I’ll be in touch so we can get one in the mail.
Once you stamp this gorgeous hummer, you’ll want to give it some color. Be sure to pick up the two NEW sets of Stampin’ Blends highlighted with the Humming Along bundle. By doing so, you’ll qualify for a FREE Sale-a-Bration item. And who doesn’t love free? We’ve got so many fabulous goodies in the Sale-a-Bration brochure.
That drop dead gorgeous background was created with our Lace Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. First, I embossed my mat of Granny Apple Green cardstock. Then I ran a lightly inked sponge of Smoky Slate over the embossed background. That really gave the piece a shabby look and made the embossing pop. The edges were crying for a little distressing, so I did just that.
Creating a little color and interest to my sentiment is one technique I love to incorporate. This time, I stamped the single leaf image in Granny Apple Green and then colored it in with my Blender Pen. Quick, easy and ties everything together.
Did you notice? I positioned the cardstock in the embossing folder just right so I would be sure to have a little flower for our hummer? Each flower was highlighted a little more with the Wink of Stella pen and a sweet pearl for the center. Join me in my studio so that I can show you all the steps to create this lovely card.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″.
- Mat – Calypso Coral CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Embossed Mat – Granny Apple Green CS – 5″ x 3 3/4″, embossed with the Lace Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Humming Bird – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 3 11/2″, stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black. Color the image with the following Stampin’ Blends: Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green, Smoky Slate and Calypso Coral.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 2″, stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black, cut with the die from Hummingbird Framelits Dies. Stamp the leaf in Granny Apple Green and color in with a Blender Pen.
- Ribbon – Gray Granite Texture Weave – about 5 1/2″
- Metallic Thread – Silver
- Pearls – Basic Pearls, three small
Are you itching to get the Humming Along bundle on your next order? The new catalog and Sale-a-Bration promotion will launch January 3, 2019. I would appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by! Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Sometimes, creating masculine cards can be little challenging. But, no more! The Rooted in Nature bundle in the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog makes it quick, easy and oh so beautiful.
The 16-piece red rubber stamp set has a 12-piece coordinating die set. That makes cutting the images a breeze. Your Big Shot Magnetic Platform will help you die cut those stamped images. And while you’ve got your Big Shot out, why not emboss a couple of the elements with the Layered Leaves embossing folder.
Adding layers and texture really enhanced the masculine look of this design. I just love the oak tree image and have stamped this one in Soft Suede.
Stampin’ Up! to the rescue with an assortment of leaf trinkets to add just the perfect metal element to the card. There is a mix of both copper and silver elements in the package.
Since this card is for my wonderful, strong, handsome, brilliant son, my first born, I wanted the inside sentiment to say just that. This one is from the Picture Perfect Birthday set, stamped in gorgeous Blackberry Bliss ink.
Let’s put this card together. Here’s my FREE video tutorial to help you through the process.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Blackberry Bliss CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper – 5″ x 3 3/4″, embossed with the Layered Leaves embossing folder.
- Scallop Oval – Soft Suede CS – 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from Layering Ovals. Paper pierce each of the scallops using a Paper Piercer on a Stampin’ Pierce Mat.
- Embossed Oval – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from Layering Ovals, Emboss with the Layered Leaves embossing folder. Ink with Cajun Craze.
- Tree – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 3 1/2″ – stamp the oak tree in Soft Suede and cut the image with the die from Nature’s Roots Framelits Dies.
- Sentiment – Blackberry Bliss CS – 1/2″ x 3″ – run embossing buddy over surface, stamp the sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings in Whisper White Craft Ink. Sprinkle with the white embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Trim the sentiment with paper snips.
- Inside Card – Stamp the sentiment from Picture Perfect Birthday in Blackberry Bliss ink.
- Burlap Ribbon – 5″
- Embellishments – Leaves Trinkets – silver – one single and one double.
In case you need any supplies to complete this project, I’ve created a list below making your shopping experience quick and easy. Just click an image and start filling your shopping cart. I appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
My Mom has a special birthday fast approaching. I wanted to create a card that celebrated that. This First Frost birthday card fills the bill.
Who am I kidding, the entire Frosted Floral Suite in the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog is fantastic. Don’t miss out on the 10% discount on the First Frost bundle. That discount will expire January 2nd.
I love the watercolor look created with the set. Creating this First Frost birthday card started off with deciding which fancy fold to incorporate. Displaying the card was a must, since my Mom never discards any of the cards we gift her. But, since the First Frost set didn’t have birthday sentiments, I went to my stash and pulled the Very Vintage and Beautiful Bouquet sets. They had the perfect sentiments I wanted to share with her.
Did you know that all of our designer series paper packs have a list of the colors used, listed on the back packaging? That’s a great place to start your design process. That makes it easy to choose a color palette. In the Frosted Floral Specialty DSP, there are rich colors including Night of Navy, Blackberry Bliss and Mint Macaron.
I wish I could have captured the frosted look of this paper in the photos. It has a shimmery pearlized look. And again, you can use this paper long past the holidays. On top of that, the bundle includes an eleven piece framelit set with lovely floral images and a fabulous frame.
Would you like to create this card for someone special? Here’s my FREE video tutorial to show you how.
As promised in the video, here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″
- Inside Card Base – Night of Navy CS – 7 1/2″ x 3 3/4″, scored at 3 3/4″
- Card Base Mats – Night of Navy CS – two @ 21/2″ x 4″ and one @ 5 1/4″ x 4″. Frosted Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper – two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ and one @ 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Inside Card Mats – Whisper White CS – three @ 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
- Stamp the first panel with the stamps from Very Vintage; the doily in Mint Macaron and the sentiment in Night of Navy
- Stamp the second panel with the leaf border from First Frost in Mint Macaron and the sentiments in Night of Navy from the Beautiful Bouquet set.
- Stamp the third panel with Mint Macaron and Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Write Markers with the stamp from First Frost. Punch the top and bottom of the left side with the Detailed Trio punch.
- Die cut the rose and the thistles with the dies from Frosted Bouquet Frametlits.
- Closure – Night of Navy CS – 2″ x 3″ and Frosted Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper – 1 3/4″ x 3″
- Scalloped Circles – Blackberry Bliss CS – 5″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the Layering Circle Framelit
- Stitched Circle – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelit
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, stamp the rose in Blackberry Bliss and the Thistles in Mint Macaron and Night of Navy.
- Sprigs – Mint Macaron CS – 4″ x 2 1/2″, cut two with the die from Frosted Bouquet Framelits Dies.
- Tea Room Mint Macaron Ribbon – About 20″
- Sequins – Metallics Assortment – 3 white iridescent.
Need some supplies to create this beauty? I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store. Just click on any of the images below and it will bring you to my shopping page. There you can start to fill your cart. Happy shopping!
Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Time to celebrate Stampin’ Up!’s 30th birthday with a hot 24-hour Birthday Sale. Choose from a fabulous selection of stamps at a 15% discount. 😀
During the 24-hour sale, October 23, 2018, you be able to choose from all these fabulous sets. I’ve listed them here for you in clear-mount, but if you love the wood-mount those are on sale as well. Just click your favorite, and it will take you directly to my online store where you can start filling your cart.
Don’t miss the 24-hour Birthday Sale! You know you love saving on your paper crafting supplies. Stampin’ Up! just made that easy, with a 15% discount. Let me know if you need any help with your order.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Who doesn’t need birthday wrapping supplies? And with all the beautiful papers we have to choose from, decorating your own birthday gift bag is a snap. Just pick up some plain white bags at your local Dollar Tree, break out that Broadway Bound Specialty DSP and create along with me.
Oh my gosh, won’t your family and friends be impressed when you show up to the party with your gift all decked out in this bag? I sure think so. The inspiration for this one came from our beautiful Broadway Bound Specialty DSP. That paper is perfect for everything birthday; gift bags, scrapbook pages, cards, treats and the list goes on and on. My hostess, Joan, requested a birthday gift bag featuring the color combo, Lovely Lipstick, Basic Black and Lemon Lime Twist. Did I deliver?
And what could be better than creating your own bow and tag to match the bag? After I teach you how to do this quick and easy bow, you’ll never have to buy another one. What could be easier than to cut out that Happy Birthday title using our Happy Birthday Thinlit Die and adhering to a piece of Whisper White CS. This one was embossed with the Oh My Stars Embossing Folder. Cute, right?
Stampin’ Up! truly makes it easy with all the coordinating products. I created my own background paper using a sheet of Lovely Lipstick CS, Lovely Lipstick ink and the Swirly Frames stamp set. Remember, you can always use stamps in a new and different way.
The cute little birthday horns were created with the Picture Perfect Birthday set. That one is a must-have. So many elements you can use to dress up any project. I did create the party hat template myself. But guys, it’s a triangle, that’s it. The base of the hat is 2 3/4″ and the height is 4 3/4″. After cutting it and adhering a small strip of Lemon Lime Twist CS to the bottom, I ran it through the Big Shot with the Polka Dot Basics Embossing Folder.
Let me show you how quick and easy it is to create this sweet birthday bag.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Large Mat – Basic Black CS 7″ x 9″
- Stamped Mat – Lovely Lipstick CS 6 3/4″ x 8 3/4″
- Title – Basic Black CS 2″ x 6 1/4″; Whisper White CS 6″ x 1 3/4″ run through the Big Shot with the Oh My Stars Embossing Folder; Lemon Lime Twist CS 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, back with multipurpose adhesive sheets and cut the image with the Happy Birthday Thinlits die.
- Focal Image – Lemon Lime Twist CS 4″ x 5″; Broadway Bound DSP 3 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ and Whisper White CS, cut two at 1″ x 6″, then cut the image with the die from Seasonal Layers.
- Party Hat – Lovely Lipstick CS 3″ x 4 3/4″ – create a template from scrap CS, the base is 2 3/4″ and the height is 4 3/4″. Trace the template onto the Lovely Lipstick CS and trim out. Lemon Lime Twist CS 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. Adhere the strip to the hat, trim as needed. Run the hat through the Big Shot with the Polka Dot Basics Embossing Folder.
- Sentiment on Hat – Basic Black CS 2 3/4″ x 1 1/4″ and Whisper White CS 2 1/2 x 1 3/4″, stamp the sentiment from Picture Perfect Birthday in Lovely Lipstick and cut both pieces with the Layering Ovals die.
- Party Horns – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 5 1/2″. Using the stamps from Picture Perfect Birthday stamps as follows: two striped bases, one in Lovely Lipstick and one in Lemon Lime Twist. One polka dot base in Lemon Lime Twist. Two fringes in Lovely Lipstick and one Lemon Lime Twist. Two horns in Lemon Lime Twist and one Lovely Lipstick. Fussy cut all images and construct the horns.
- Tag – Lemon Lime Twist CS 2″ x 4″, punch one end with the Tag Topper Punch. Lovely Lipstick CS 1 3/4″ x 3 1/4″, Broadway Bound DSP 1 1/2″ x 3″.
- Tag Sentiment – Basic Black CS 2 1/4″ x 1 1/4″ and Whisper White CS 2 1/4″ x 1 1/4″, stamp the sentiment from Cake Soiree in Lovely Lipstick. Cut out both images with the Layering Ovals dies.
- Bow – Broadway Bound DSP, six @ 4″ x 3/4″ and six @ 3 1/2″ x 3/4″ and one @ 3 1/2″ x 1″. Punch one 2 1/4″ circle from Lovely Lipstick CS for the base of the bow.
Needs some supplies? It’s the perfect time to put together a $50 order and earn yourself a $5 coupon to spend in September.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
This card is just my style, Very Vintage. I just love everything about this one, the distressing, layering, embossing, designer paper, and on and on and on. That gorgeous Very Vintage Stamp Set is a Host Set. Contact me today to set up a hostess code for your friends to use when ordering so you can earn the Very Vintage set for FREE!
I was lucky enough to take part in a card swap and I chose the Very Vintage set as my inspiration. The swap was a tic-tac-toe challenge. You had to pick three elements, in a row, in the chart and create your card. My three elements were birthday, flower and designer series paper. What do you think? Did I achieve my tic-tac-toe?
The Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper pack had just the right color combination for this Very Vintage card. I used Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Smoky Slate and Mossy Meadow. I even threw in a little Highland Heather for good measure.
I used a little coloring technique on my focal image to soften things up. Our fabulous Blender Pens are the perfect tool to achieve the look. Let me show you how in this video tutorial.
I love to finish off the inside of my cards and this one is no exception. The sponging on the edges is perfect with the “broken” doily image.
I sure hope my card is a hit at the swap. I can’t wait to share with you what everyone else creates.
I would love to share with you how the magic happens.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat: Mossy Meadow CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, distress on all edges
- Embossed Mat: Smoky Slate CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, emboss with the Tufted TEIF, distress on all edges
- Designer Paper: Petal Promenade – one the larger floral frames, distress on all edges
- Foliage Accent: Blushing Bride CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from Foliage Frame Framelits
- Focal Image: Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from Layering Ovals
- Rose: Blushing Bridge CS- punch one 1 3/8″ scallop circle and Mossy Meadow CS 3/4″ x 1 1/2″ cut with the die from Sweet Cake Framelits
- Sentiment: Whisper White CS – 2″ x 3″, cut with the die from Stitched Labels Framelits
- Inside Mat: Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamp the large floral image onto the Whisper White CS in Smoky Slate ink. Cut the image with the Layering Oval Framelit. Color the image as shown in the video. Ink the edges in Smoky Slate.
- Stamp the Bee on a scrap of Whisper White CS in Smoky Slate Ink. Color the image as shown in the video and highlight the wings with Clear Wink of Stella.
- Stamp the “Happy Birthday from Detailed with Love set in Smoky Slate Ink. Cut the image with the Stitched Label Framelit.
- Stamp the sentiment on the inside mat in Smoky Slate Ink. Stamp one of the “broken doilies” in the upper left and lower right hand corners. Ink the edges of the cardstock in Smoky Slate and the doily images in Highland Heather.
- Tear the edges and Ink the DSP in Smoky Slate.
- Ink the Foliage Frame in Smoky Slate and highlight with the wink of Stella.
- Create the spiral rose as shown in the video. Ink in Smoky Slate ink. Adhere the leaves and pearl to the center.
- Wet glue the smoky slate mat to the mossy meadow mat.
- Wrap a 6″ piece of the Whisper White Polka Dot tulle to the center of the mat. Secure on the back with scotch tape or a glue dot.
- Adhere the mat to the card front with wet glue.
- Pop the DSP rectangle to the card front.
- Cut the foliage in half and wet glue to the back of the focal image.
- Pop the focal image to the card front.
- Pop the Happy Birthday sentient to the card front.
- Create a bow with the Whisper White Tulle and secure with a glue dot.
- Adhere the rose to the center of the bow with a few glue dots.
- Pop the bee to the focal image.
- Wet glue the inside mat to the inside of the card.
Here’s a supply list that links to my online store in case you need any supplies to complete the card. Thank you for shopping my store, I appreciate your business.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!