Who doesn’t need birthday wrapping supplies? And with all the beautiful papers we have to choose from, decorating your own birthday gift bag is a snap. Just pick up some plain white bags at your local Dollar Tree, break out that Broadway Bound Specialty DSP and create along with me.
Oh my gosh, won’t your family and friends be impressed when you show up to the party with your gift all decked out in this bag? I sure think so. The inspiration for this one came from our beautiful Broadway Bound Specialty DSP. That paper is perfect for everything birthday; gift bags, scrapbook pages, cards, treats and the list goes on and on. My hostess, Joan, requested a birthday gift bag featuring the color combo, Lovely Lipstick, Basic Black and Lemon Lime Twist. Did I deliver?
And what could be better than creating your own bow and tag to match the bag? After I teach you how to do this quick and easy bow, you’ll never have to buy another one. What could be easier than to cut out that Happy Birthday title using our Happy Birthday Thinlit Die and adhering to a piece of Whisper White CS. This one was embossed with the Oh My Stars Embossing Folder. Cute, right?
Stampin’ Up! truly makes it easy with all the coordinating products. I created my own background paper using a sheet of Lovely Lipstick CS, Lovely Lipstick ink and the Swirly Frames stamp set. Remember, you can always use stamps in a new and different way.
The cute little birthday horns were created with the Picture Perfect Birthday set. That one is a must-have. So many elements you can use to dress up any project. I did create the party hat template myself. But guys, it’s a triangle, that’s it. The base of the hat is 2 3/4″ and the height is 4 3/4″. After cutting it and adhering a small strip of Lemon Lime Twist CS to the bottom, I ran it through the Big Shot with the Polka Dot Basics Embossing Folder.
Let me show you how quick and easy it is to create this sweet birthday bag.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Large Mat – Basic Black CS 7″ x 9″
- Stamped Mat – Lovely Lipstick CS 6 3/4″ x 8 3/4″
- Title – Basic Black CS 2″ x 6 1/4″; Whisper White CS 6″ x 1 3/4″ run through the Big Shot with the Oh My Stars Embossing Folder; Lemon Lime Twist CS 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, back with multipurpose adhesive sheets and cut the image with the Happy Birthday Thinlits die.
- Focal Image – Lemon Lime Twist CS 4″ x 5″; Broadway Bound DSP 3 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ and Whisper White CS, cut two at 1″ x 6″, then cut the image with the die from Seasonal Layers.
- Party Hat – Lovely Lipstick CS 3″ x 4 3/4″ – create a template from scrap CS, the base is 2 3/4″ and the height is 4 3/4″. Trace the template onto the Lovely Lipstick CS and trim out. Lemon Lime Twist CS 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. Adhere the strip to the hat, trim as needed. Run the hat through the Big Shot with the Polka Dot Basics Embossing Folder.
- Sentiment on Hat – Basic Black CS 2 3/4″ x 1 1/4″ and Whisper White CS 2 1/2 x 1 3/4″, stamp the sentiment from Picture Perfect Birthday in Lovely Lipstick and cut both pieces with the Layering Ovals die.
- Party Horns – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 5 1/2″. Using the stamps from Picture Perfect Birthday stamps as follows: two striped bases, one in Lovely Lipstick and one in Lemon Lime Twist. One polka dot base in Lemon Lime Twist. Two fringes in Lovely Lipstick and one Lemon Lime Twist. Two horns in Lemon Lime Twist and one Lovely Lipstick. Fussy cut all images and construct the horns.
- Tag – Lemon Lime Twist CS 2″ x 4″, punch one end with the Tag Topper Punch. Lovely Lipstick CS 1 3/4″ x 3 1/4″, Broadway Bound DSP 1 1/2″ x 3″.
- Tag Sentiment – Basic Black CS 2 1/4″ x 1 1/4″ and Whisper White CS 2 1/4″ x 1 1/4″, stamp the sentiment from Cake Soiree in Lovely Lipstick. Cut out both images with the Layering Ovals dies.
- Bow – Broadway Bound DSP, six @ 4″ x 3/4″ and six @ 3 1/2″ x 3/4″ and one @ 3 1/2″ x 1″. Punch one 2 1/4″ circle from Lovely Lipstick CS for the base of the bow.
Needs some supplies? It’s the perfect time to put together a $50 order and earn yourself a $5 coupon to spend in September.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
This card is just my style, Very Vintage. I just love everything about this one, the distressing, layering, embossing, designer paper, and on and on and on. That gorgeous Very Vintage Stamp Set is a Host Set. Contact me today to set up a hostess code for your friends to use when ordering so you can earn the Very Vintage set for FREE!
I was lucky enough to take part in a card swap and I chose the Very Vintage set as my inspiration. The swap was a tic-tac-toe challenge. You had to pick three elements, in a row, in the chart and create your card. My three elements were birthday, flower and designer series paper. What do you think? Did I achieve my tic-tac-toe?
The Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper pack had just the right color combination for this Very Vintage card. I used Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Smoky Slate and Mossy Meadow. I even threw in a little Highland Heather for good measure.
I used a little coloring technique on my focal image to soften things up. Our fabulous Blender Pens are the perfect tool to achieve the look. Let me show you how in this video tutorial.
I love to finish off the inside of my cards and this one is no exception. The sponging on the edges is perfect with the “broken” doily image.
I sure hope my card is a hit at the swap. I can’t wait to share with you what everyone else creates.
I would love to share with you how the magic happens.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat: Mossy Meadow CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, distress on all edges
- Embossed Mat: Smoky Slate CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, emboss with the Tufted TEIF, distress on all edges
- Designer Paper: Petal Promenade – one the larger floral frames, distress on all edges
- Foliage Accent: Blushing Bride CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from Foliage Frame Framelits
- Focal Image: Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from Layering Ovals
- Rose: Blushing Bridge CS- punch one 1 3/8″ scallop circle and Mossy Meadow CS 3/4″ x 1 1/2″ cut with the die from Sweet Cake Framelits
- Sentiment: Whisper White CS – 2″ x 3″, cut with the die from Stitched Labels Framelits
- Inside Mat: Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamp the large floral image onto the Whisper White CS in Smoky Slate ink. Cut the image with the Layering Oval Framelit. Color the image as shown in the video. Ink the edges in Smoky Slate.
- Stamp the Bee on a scrap of Whisper White CS in Smoky Slate Ink. Color the image as shown in the video and highlight the wings with Clear Wink of Stella.
- Stamp the “Happy Birthday from Detailed with Love set in Smoky Slate Ink. Cut the image with the Stitched Label Framelit.
- Stamp the sentiment on the inside mat in Smoky Slate Ink. Stamp one of the “broken doilies” in the upper left and lower right hand corners. Ink the edges of the cardstock in Smoky Slate and the doily images in Highland Heather.
- Tear the edges and Ink the DSP in Smoky Slate.
- Ink the Foliage Frame in Smoky Slate and highlight with the wink of Stella.
- Create the spiral rose as shown in the video. Ink in Smoky Slate ink. Adhere the leaves and pearl to the center.
- Wet glue the smoky slate mat to the mossy meadow mat.
- Wrap a 6″ piece of the Whisper White Polka Dot tulle to the center of the mat. Secure on the back with scotch tape or a glue dot.
- Adhere the mat to the card front with wet glue.
- Pop the DSP rectangle to the card front.
- Cut the foliage in half and wet glue to the back of the focal image.
- Pop the focal image to the card front.
- Pop the Happy Birthday sentient to the card front.
- Create a bow with the Whisper White Tulle and secure with a glue dot.
- Adhere the rose to the center of the bow with a few glue dots.
- Pop the bee to the focal image.
- Wet glue the inside mat to the inside of the card.
Here’s a supply list that links to my online store in case you need any supplies to complete the card. Thank you for shopping my store, I appreciate your business.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Don’t you think the person that receives this card would have a beautiful birthday? I do, because this card just makes me happy. The gorgeous stain glass images and the elegant font are just perfect.
I think “have a beautiful birthday” is a great new fresh way to say Happy Birthday. Those stain glass images are just so yummy and easy to color with our Stampin’ Write Markers.
The new in-colors are so vibrant and they all go together so well. It made creating this card quick and easy.
This is only one of six different stain glass dies. One is more beautiful than the next. There are also dies to cut the sweet little rose, a bird and a butterfly. You can make a beautiful birthday card in all sorts of color combos using all the different elements in this set.
I’m so very happy that Stampin’ Up! brought back our Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder. It really makes all the fonts and stain glass images pop. And when coloring them, it even keeps you from going outside the lines. That’s a win win!
In this how-to video, I’ll show you how to create this card.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Blueberry Bushel CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, two opposite corners punched with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Mat – Pineapple Punch CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″ – stamped in versa mark, sprinkled with black embossing powder, heat set with the heat tool.
- Focal Image – Blueberry Bushel CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, Grapefruit Grove CS 3″ x 3″, cut with the stain glass die.
- Flower – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 3″, stamped in versa mark, sprinkled with black embossing powder, heat set with the heat tool. Cut with the coordinating die.
Need some supplies to complete this project? I would love to earn your business. Just click on any of the products below to complete your order
Thank you so much for stopping by today, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
You might be thinking, what is a Concertina Fold? It’s a lovely display type card that has a fan-folded center. It’s a great display card and the concertina can have as many folds, or sections as you like. In this concertina fold I decided on a five-fold, with seven panels. My thought was to design it so that it would fit into one of our mini pizza boxes. Presentation is everything, right? In that way I could also include a gift card to complete the birthday gift for a friend.
Thank goodness those sweet little pizza boxes are carrying over to our new Annual Catalog. They make the perfect gift presentation and are coated on the inside, making them food safe. On this one, I dressed in up by stamping in Pool Party ink with the flourish from Timeless Textures. Then it was just a a matter of decorating the top. Unfortunately, that pretty Whole Lot of Lovely DSP is sold out, but we still have the Myths and Magic 6×6 Glimmer Paper. The cute sentiment came from the Picture Perfect Birthday set.
The sweet little flower was created with out Blossom Builder Punch and a couple of leaves punched from the glimmer paper with the Leaf Punch. Just punch three flower images, pop them together, top it with the center and highlight with a Glitter Enamel Dot.
The color combo of Powder Pink, Pool Party, Whisper White, Crushed Curry and Soft Suede makes this what I call a “happy card”. The sweet cake image on the front of the concertina is from the retiring Birthday Delivery Bundle. You still have time to scoop that one up and at a 10% discount.
Be sure to add your gift card to the inside of the mini pizza box. I used our fantastic mini glue dots. That makes it easy to remove and the recipient won’t destroy the cute little box. They may even decide to share the love and use it for their next gift to someone special.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Pizza Box
- Mat – Soft Suede CS 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- DSP of your Choice (This one is Whole Lot of Lovely) 3″ x 3″
- Scallop Circle – Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper – 3″ x 3″, cut with the Layering Circle Framelits
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 3″ – stamped in Soft Suede, image punched with the 2 1/4″ circle punch
- Flower – scraps of Pool Party, Soft Suede and Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper – use the Blossom Builder and Leaf Punches.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – one piece at 11″ x 3 1/4″ and one piece at 9 3/4″ x 3 1/4″.
- Score as follows: On the 11″ piece, score on the 11″ side at 3 1/4″, 6 1/2″ and 9 3/4″. On the 9 3/4″ piece on the 9 3/4″ side, score at 3 1/4″ and 6 1/2″
- Cake – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 3″ – stamp the cake in Soft Suede with the image from the Birthday Delivery set. Cut out the image with the coordinating die. Color the image with the Powder Pink, Crushed Curry and Pool Party Stampin’ Write Markers.
- Front Mats – Soft Suede CS 3″ x 3″; DSP or your choice 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Scallop Circle – Powder Pink 3″ x 3″, cut with the Layering Circle Framelit, embossed with the Quilt Top Embossing Folder.
- Panel Mats – Soft Suede CS – cut six at 3″ x 3″; Powder Pink CS – cut six at 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, emboss with the Simple Stripes Embossing Folder.
- Scallop Circles – Crushed Curry CS – cut six at 3″ x 3″, cut with the Layering Circle Framelits.
- DSP Circles – Punch six circles with the 2 1/4″ circle punch.
- Letters – Soft Suede CS – 2 1/2″ x 6″ – cut out the letters. needed with the Large Letters Framelits
Thanks for stopping by! Until next time, Create Something Beautiful.
The wreath card is one of the new stamping rages flooding Pinterest. With our Stamparatus, creating the wreath is a breeze. Some of you lucky stampers were able to preorder this fabulous tool earlier this year. No worries, it will soon be ordering time again, June 1st to be exact.
In the meantime, let me teach you how to start making your templates so you are all set and ready to create wreath cards too. I used the Perennial Birthday stamp set and we are lucky, this one is carrying over to our new Annual Catalog. The images in this set are perfect for creating the wreath. The first step is creating your template. You will need a 6″ x 6″ piece of Window Sheet, centering it on our grid paper will make drawing the template very quick and easy.
Once you have the template drawn, you’ll need to trim it using your Stampin’ Trimmer and paper snips.
In this video tutorial, I will show you step by step how to make your template and create this sweet card.
Wasn’t that quick and easy? Now you have all the info to create your own template. And what did you think about the ribbon tip?
No card is complete without stamping a great sentiment on the inside. This set has it all, images for the wreath and sentiments for both the inside and outside of your cards.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Cherry Cobbler CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Night of Navy CS – 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″, emboss the bottom with the Petal Pair Embossing Folder.
- Focal – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 4″
- Sentiment – Night of Navy CS, Scallop Circle 2″ x 2″ and Whisper White CS, 2″ x 2″, cut with the framelit from Layering Circles.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Template – Window Sheet – 6″ x 6″; Thick Whisper White CS – 4″ x 4
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
If you’re like me, gift presentation is a big deal. But, these sweet silver gable boxes make that a breeze. They are silver foil, food safe and come twelve to a package. So, that’s economical, pretty and easy. What could be better?
The absolutely gorgeous silver foiled Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP was a perfect way to start this project. Silver foiling adds a textured look to the handprinted designs. There are 12 sheets in the package, 12″ x 12″, 2 each of 6 double-sided designs.
Designing with Stampin’ UP! products is a pleasure. Why? Everything coordinates, taking that part of the equation out of the picture. Look at that lovely Whisper White Metallic Edge Ribbon. One of the best features of this ribbon is that it is neutral. But, if you need it in a color, just break out a Stampin’ Blend and color it and voila, you have that color but it will maintain the metallic edge. Sweet!!
I love it when Stampin UP! offers a coordinating punch to a stamp set. It’s a marriage made in heaven, the Duet Banner Punch and Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set. That’s what I used to create that super cute silver embossed celebrate banner.
Would you like to create this silver gable box right along with me? Just click the video and we’ll do just that.
I hope you enjoyed my video tutorial. Be sure to subscribe to my channel and hit the little bell under the video so that you receive notifications when I publish the next one.
You’ll want to make multiples of this little project. Here’s how the magic happens.
- Mini Silver Gable Box
- Mats – Powder Pink CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ and two @ 1 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ and Sweet Soiree DSP – two @ 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ and two @ 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
- Tag – Rich Razzelberry CS – 3 1/4″ x 4″, cut with the Layering Ovals Framelits
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ – cut with the Stitched Shapes, stamp the sentiments from Perennial Birthday in Old Olive.
- Banner – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 2 – stamped the banner in versa mark, sprinkle with silver embossing powder, heat set with the heat tool. Then stamp the “celebrate” in Rich Razzelberry.
I would appreciate your visiting my online store to order any of the supplies needed for the project.
Have a wonderful day. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!