I am so very excited to share this Keepsake Memory Box with you. My beautiful granddaughter, Elisabeth, was the inspiration for this project. I love traditions and am very sentimental. So this keepsake is truly special. Not to mention, I created it for my sister’s club night. She loves 3D projects and she has her own granddaughter she loves to spoil.
I created the Keepsake Memory Box in two different color combinations, so that you could appreciate the versatility of the design. And can you believe it, I used our Daisy punch to create that gorgeous dimensional flower that is the star of the show.
Which is your favorite? I guess it depends on what colors you are drawn to. The flower above is done in Tranquil Tide, While this one is Rich Razzleberry to match our gorgeous new Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper.
Did you notice how dimensional the “amazing you” words are? I achieved that by stacking the Dazzling Diamonds die cut onto a die cut from white fun foam. Here’s another great tip, you only need one piece of 12×12 designer paper to decorate the entire box. Here’s a cutting chart for you to get the most from your paper.
How’s that for making the most out of your designer series paper. No excuse now, you need to use those beautiful papers.
The box is large enough for your most important keepsake. Mine is a lovely lace hanky I purchased during a recent trip to Burano, Italy. It’s monogramed with an “E” for my sweet girl and I’m hoping she will use it on her wedding day. Even though, that’s years away, it struck me when I saw it and I knew I wanted to get it for her.
The cute Labels To Love stamp set was perfect to create the label I tucked into the back of the box. I wanted to be sure to use my own handwriting and because our products are all color coordinated that was easy. I used our Stampin’ Write Marker in Tranquil Tide.
I’ve published a how-to video on my YouTube Channel. Hope you take a moment to watch.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Box – Whisper White CS – 10″ x 10″, scored on all four sides at 2 3/4″
- Wrap for Box – Thick Whisper White CS – two pieces at 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ score on one side of each at 2 3/4″
- Wrap Mats – Basic Black CS four @ 5 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ and two @ 5 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ and DSP four @5″ x 4 3/4″ and two @ 4 3/4″ x 2″
- Inside Box – Coordinating CS – four @ 4 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ and one @ 4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″, emboss all with the Quilt Top embossing folder.
- Outside Box – Coordinating CS – four @ 2 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ and DSP three @ 2 1/4″ x 4″ and coordinating CS – one at 2 1/2″ 4 1/4″, embossed with the Quilt Top embossing folder.
- Flower – three whisper white daisy images and two coordinating card stock images.
- Leaves – Vellum CS – punch three with the leaf punch and stamp with the flourish from Timeless Texutures.
- Flourish – Coordinating CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Flourish set.
- Label – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 4 1/4″ – stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black with the stamp from Labels to Love, punched with the Everyday Label Punch.
- Words – Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and White Fun Foam – 3 3/4″ x 2 1/2″ each, cut with the Celebrate You die set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 3″, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black with the stamp from Colorful Seasons, cut with the Stitched Shape Oval. Basic Black CS – 4″ x 3″ cut the the die from Layering Ovals.
- Embellishments – White Doily, Petal Passion Embellishments 2 leaves and one flower, Whisper White Metallic Edge Ribbon 24″, Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon 7 1/2″
Need some supplies? Please visit my online store and earn some WOW Customer Loyalty Points while you are at it.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to hear what you think about this project. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
We all give a fine bottle of wine to family and friends from time to time. The Half Full stamp set will make that not only easy, but special. Nothing says special more than a handmade card. This one is quick and easy, but with that WOW factor, of course. This card accompanies the wine cover I created a couple of days ago.
I love how Stampin’ UP! products all coordinate. You can create beautiful projects, choosing papers from one suite to another. Who would have thought that the DSP from the Delightful Daisy pack would go so well with the images in the Half Full stamp set? Thanks, Stampin’ Up!
I started with a card base of Very Vanilla. You know me, I love texture, so the first mat in Tangerine Tango, is embossed with the Layered Leaves TEIF. Both the leaves and the banner were created using the Delightful Daisy DSP. You can create both of those elements using some handy punches, the Banner Triple and Leaf punches are must-haves in my studio.
I love font in the Half Full set. This one is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut with the framelit from the Rose Garden set. I thought the sentiment needed a little bling, so I looped some of our Silver Metallic thread behind it before popping it to my card front.
Don’t forget to finish the inside of your cards. This time I stamped not only a sentiment, but a little border of wine glasses on a separate mat of Very Vanilla CS. If you would like to see me put this one together, join me on my YouTube Channel for a FREE tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Tangerine Tango CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″, embossed with the Layered Leaves TEIF
- Banner – Berry Burst CS – 5 1/4″ x 2″; Delightful Daisy DSP – 4 3/4″ x 1 1/2″, punch one end of each with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 3 3/4″ x 2″, stamp the image from the Half Full set in Memento Tuxedo Black, cut out the image with the framelit from Rose Garden, ink the edges in Tangerine Tango ink.
- Wine Glasses – Very Vanilla CS – 3 1/2″ x 3″ – stamp the image in Memento Tuxedo Black, color with the Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist Stampin’ Write Markers. Fussy cut the images.
- Leaves – Delightful Daisy DSP – punch three sets of leaves with the Leaf Punch.
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″ – stamp the sentiment and row of wine glasses in Memento Tuxedo Black. Color the glasses with the Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist Stampin’ Write Markers.
- The card will fold at the top.
- Adhere the inside mat to the inside of the card.
- Adhere the Tangerine Tango mat to the card front.
- Adhere the two banners together only at the top edge. Then adhere to the card front, only applying the glue to about 1/3″ of the Berry Burst banner.
- Create a cluster of loops by wrapping the Silver Metallic Thread around your fingers, twist in the middle and attach to the back of the sentiment with a dimensional.
- Pop the sentiment to the card front.
- Adhere the leaf clusters under the sentiment with wet glue.
- Adhere one wine glass to the card front with wet glue, Pop the other with dimensionals.
All supplies can be found in my online store.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Good day, everyone! Today’s post is all about gift giving presentation. Need a quick wine bottle gift giving idea? This wine bottle cover is the perfect solution, complete with a sweet little tag created with the Half Full stamp set. The hexagon shaped wine cover will fit a standard 750 ml bottle. I know what you are thinking, looks complicated. Well, it’s really easy and I will share with you how I created this one. It’s not my original idea, there are other tutorials out there for this project. But, with Stampin’ Up!’s introduction of the Half Full stamp set, I thought my next wine gift needed a fabulous cover.
To complete the project, you will only need three pieces of card stock. Can’t get any easier and cost effective than that. First, grab a sheet of 12×12 card stock to create your wine cover. I chose Tangerine Tango because I thought it would coordinate great with the color of most wine bottles. Next, trim a piece of Very vanilla card stock to 9″ x 7 3/4″. You will make your own background paper by randomly stamping over the entire sheet. I chose the Flourishing Phrases stamp set from our Annual Catalog. The set has a gorgeous flourish along with lots of lovely sentiments for all types of occasions.
Last, but not least, you’ll need a 4 1/4″ x 3″ piece of Very Vanilla card stock to create your tag. I stamped mine in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, stamped the image from the Half Full set and yes, I did fussy cut the image. The cluster of grapes were colored with the Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist Stampin’ Write Markers. No gift is complete without a beautiful bow. The stunning Berry Burst Crinkled Seam Binding is soft, easy to tie and really brought in the wine color to the project. Can you tell, I’m a “red girl”.
Need a visual on the scoring, no worries, I’ve published this tutorial on my YouTube Channel.
Wasn’t that easy? Want to create one for your next gift to that special someone? Here’s how the magic happens.
- Container – Tangerine Tango CS – 12″ x 11″, on the 12″ side score at 2″ and 10″. Turn 90 degrees and on the 11″ side score at 1 3/4″, 3 1/2″, 5 1/4″, 7″, 8 3/4″, 10 1/2″. On the same side, score small notches only at 7/8″, 2 5/8″, 4 3/8″, 6 1/8″, 7 7/8″ and 9 5/8″.
- Fold and burnish all score lines with your bone folder. Trim the container as shown in the video above.
- Decorative Strips – Very Vanilla CS – 9″ x 7 3/4″, in Cajun Craze ink, randomly stamp the entire piece of card stock with the flourish from Flourishing Phrases. After stamping, place in trimmer with the 9″ side at the top. Cut six strips at 1 1/2″, keeping them in order so that when you assemble the wine container, you will have a continuous pattern. Ink the edges of each strip in Cajun Craze.
- Adhere the strips to the wine container cover with wet glue.
- Punch 1/4″ holes in each of the triangle shaped tabs at the top of the wine container.
- String the ribbon and tie a bow.
- Tag – Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 3″, in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, stamp the image from the Half Full set. Coloring the cluster of grapes with the Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist markers. Fussy cut the image. Punch a 1/4″ hole in the center top and string a piece of very vanilla baker’s twine. Secure the tag to the bow.
If you need any of the supplies I’ve mentioned, I would appreciate you visiting my online store.
Stay tuned, in my next post, I’ll be creating the matching card to complete your gift giving presentation. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
If you’re like me, gift presentation is a big deal. But, these sweet silver gable boxes make that a breeze. They are silver foil, food safe and come twelve to a package. So, that’s economical, pretty and easy. What could be better?
The absolutely gorgeous silver foiled Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP was a perfect way to start this project. Silver foiling adds a textured look to the handprinted designs. There are 12 sheets in the package, 12″ x 12″, 2 each of 6 double-sided designs.
Designing with Stampin’ UP! products is a pleasure. Why? Everything coordinates, taking that part of the equation out of the picture. Look at that lovely Whisper White Metallic Edge Ribbon. One of the best features of this ribbon is that it is neutral. But, if you need it in a color, just break out a Stampin’ Blend and color it and voila, you have that color but it will maintain the metallic edge. Sweet!!
I love it when Stampin UP! offers a coordinating punch to a stamp set. It’s a marriage made in heaven, the Duet Banner Punch and Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set. That’s what I used to create that super cute silver embossed celebrate banner.
Would you like to create this silver gable box right along with me? Just click the video and we’ll do just that.
I hope you enjoyed my video tutorial. Be sure to subscribe to my channel and hit the little bell under the video so that you receive notifications when I publish the next one.
You’ll want to make multiples of this little project. Here’s how the magic happens.
- Mini Silver Gable Box
- Mats – Powder Pink CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ and two @ 1 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ and Sweet Soiree DSP – two @ 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ and two @ 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
- Tag – Rich Razzelberry CS – 3 1/4″ x 4″, cut with the Layering Ovals Framelits
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ – cut with the Stitched Shapes, stamp the sentiments from Perennial Birthday in Old Olive.
- Banner – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 2 – stamped the banner in versa mark, sprinkle with silver embossing powder, heat set with the heat tool. Then stamp the “celebrate” in Rich Razzelberry.
I would appreciate your visiting my online store to order any of the supplies needed for the project.
Have a wonderful day. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
I just couldn’t wait to share my first post and video featuring our new stamp positioning tool, the Stamparatus! I know, I’ll bet you’re wondering, Stamparatus, do I really need this? The quick and easy answer to that question is a big fat YES!!
If you were lucky enough to get your new Stamparatus during the first reservation window, you should have it in your hot little hands. Don’t wait, run and pull it out of the box. In this post I’ll be sharing a quick and easy way to make your die cutting and stamping a breeze. Let’s create a beautiful orchid together using the Climbing Orchid Bundle and Stamparatus.
First, let me say, those sweet little gable boxes are not only quick and easy to assemble, but they are perfect for gifts and goodies (they are food safe). You get 12 in a package and they can be decorated for any occasion. This time I chose the gorgeous Climbing Orchid Bundle. Sometimes, we forget those beautiful sets in the annual catalog when an occasions catalog hits the shelves. This one can be found on page 21. And because it’s a bundle, you’ll save 10% with your purchase.
Let me show you how easy this can be with our Stamparatus. You’ll want to create all 12 boxes with this gorgeous flower!
Wasn’t that cool! I’ve even got something just as exciting. Now, until March 31, 2018, we are in Sale-a-Bration. The biggest Stampin’ UP! promotion of the year. You can scoop up that gorgeous Climbing Orchid Bundle now, add a package of Stampin’ Dimensionals to your order and qualify for a FREE Sale-a-Bration item. That way when June rolls around, which won’t be long, you’ll be all set and ready to create these beautiful flowers just like this. And you will have earned a FREE item to boot!
Let me share with you how the magic happens.
- Mini Silver Gable Box
- Mats – Whisper White CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ and two @ 1 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ and Sweet Soiree DSP – two @ 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ and two @ 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
- Tag – Calypso Coral CS – 4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the Layering Ovals Framelits
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ 2 3/4″, cut with the Stitched Shapes
- Orchid – Lemon Lime Twist CS – 3″ x 8 1/2″, cut the flower parts and leaves with the Orchid Builder Framelits
- Stem – Crumb Cake CS – 1 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ – cut with the Seasonal Layers Dies
- Baker’s Twine – Whisper White – 8″
- Ribbon – Lemon Lime Twist Mini Stripe – 12″
Please visit my online store to order any of the supplies you might need for this project. Thank you in advance for supporting my business.
Thanks for stopping by today. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
It must really be Spring, because I’ve got Easter on the brain. And with that, I know I need Easter gifts for some special people. I was strolling my local Dollar Tree a few days ago and noticed these sweet little booklets. They held a chocolate cross and when you open it up, there is the Happy Easter message. It was cute, but I knew I could step it up a notch.
The color combo I used was Very Vanilla, Garden Green, Rose Red, and Powder Pink. Those colors matched perfectly and I knew I was on to something. If you haven’t seen the Hold on to Hope bundle you are really missing out. It’s lovely. There are both cross images as well as a number of sentiments. So let’s dive into this project.
I cut the intricate cross with the die from the Crosses of Hope set in Garden Green card stock. The accent cross was cut from Very Vanilla and the small clear faceted gem was the perfect embellishment. There was an ingredient label in the lower left hand corner that I knew I wanted to hide. So, I cut a scallop square using the layering square framelits. The little “for you” was stamped in Garden Green with a stamp from the So Many Shells stamp set. Then of course we needed some bling and the rhinestones in the centers of the flowers was perfect. Next, I needed a box to make the presentation extra special.
I used the envelope punch board to create the box. The beautiful flourish stamped in Powder Pink ink helped to make my own designer series paper. That big bold sentiment is from the Just Add Text stamp set. I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Shimmery White cardstock and then did a watercolor wash in Powder Pink. The coloring was done with the Crushed Curry, Rose Red and Garden Green Stampin’ Write Markers.
If you’re like me you’re a visual learner. No worries, I’ve filmed a how-to video so you can create this one right along with me.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Gift Box – Powder Pink CS – 9 11/16″ x 9 11/16″, first punch and score at 4″, second punch and score at 5 3/8″.
- Box Label – Garden Green CS – 5 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the largest die from Lots of Labels Framelits; Rose Red CS – 4 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the second largest die from Lots of Labels Framelits, embossed with the Quilt Top Embossing Folder
- Scallop Oval – Powder Pink CS – 3 3/4″ x 3 1/4″ – cut with the Layering Ovals Framelit
- Stamped Oval – Shimmery White CS – 3 1/2″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the Layering Ovals Framelit, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black with the stamp from Just Add Text. Watercolor wash with an aqua painter and Powder Pink ink. Color with Stampin’ Write Markers, flowers in Rose Red, flower centers in Crushed Curry, leaves in Garden Green.
- Intricate Cross – Garden Green CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, cut with die from Crosses of Hope
- Accent Cross – Very Vanilla CS – 3″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the die from Crosses of Hope
- Front Sentiment – “For You” – Rose Red CS – 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, cut with the Layering Squares Framelit. Very Vanilla CS – 1 1/8″ x 1 1/8″, stamped in Garden Green with the stamp from So Many Shells.
- Inside Sentiment – Rose Red CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the die from Layering Circles. Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/3″, stamped in Garden Green with the stamp from Hold on to Hope, punched with the 2″ circle punch.
If you need any of the supplies for this project, I would appreciate you visiting my online store.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!