Very excited to share today’s project, a sweet nature inspired wallhanging. I designed this nature inspired piece with a special club member in mind. Peggy loves anything inspirational and asked for a project that highlighted our beautiful Bermuda Bay.
One of the best parts of this one, is that you could also create 3 cards instead of the wallhanging. Just adjust the size of the Bermuda Bay mat to 4″ x 5 1/4″. By doing that, you could use a standard card base, 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″. That’s two projects in one design. Can’t get any better than that, right? Let’s get down to the details.
The base of each of the panels is our gorgeous Bermuda Bay cardstock, embossed with the Layering Leaves embossing folder. I also made sure to lightly ink the edges and embossed areas in Bermuda Bay ink. That really made it pop. The nature inspired color combination is Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Sea Foam, Mango Melody and Garden Green.
The beautiful flower is two images punched form Garden Impressions DSP, with our new Four-petal flower punch. All the “pretties” were cut from Garden Green and Rich Razzleberry, using the dies from Sweet Cake, Foliage Frames and Flourish sets. The star of the show, that gorgeous butterfly, was cut from Whisper White cardstock and inked with Soft Sea Foam and Rich Razzleberry. The image was cut using the die from Springtime Impressions.
The second panel is truly nature inspired, it’s all about the leaves. The different shapes and color hues set off that lovely sentiment from the High Tide stamp set. Did you notice the leaves in the large center element are also embossed. Lucky us, that is done with the die from Foliage Frames. Not only does it cut the shape, but it embosses as well.
Those luscious Mango Melody leaves were cut using the die from Seasonal Layers. Our leaf punch was used to cut the smaller Garden Green set of leaves. Do’t you just love punches? I know it makes multiples super easy. Be sure to stock up your stash with these great tools.
Who knew that Rich Razzleberry and Mango Melody would look so fabulous together. I just love how this dragonfly turned out. You can’t get more nature inspired than dragonflies and butterflies.
The center panels for each of the main panels were stamped using the corresponding color with stamps from the new Gallery Grunge set. I love the textures those stamps create. The sentiment on this panel is from the Ribbon of Courage set.
Would you like to create this nature inspired wallhanging for your very own? Here’s a quick how-to video. Grab your supplies and create along with me.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Nature Inspired Panel Bases – Bermuda Bay CS – cut six at 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ – on three of the panels, cut the opening for the insert panel as follows: With the paper trimmer and the 4 1/4″ side at the top, line up the right edge on the trimmer on the 1″ mark to the far right of the trimmer. Cut down from 1″ to 4 1/2″, turn and cut to 3 1/4″, turn and cut to 4 1/2″, turn and cut to 3 1/4″. Once cut, run these three panels through the Big Shot with the Layering Leaves embossing folder.
- Inset Panels – Soft Sea Foam CS – cut two at 3″ x 4″ and Rich Razzleberry CS – cut one at 3″ x 4″
- Panel #1 Elements – Butterfly, Whisper White CS 4 1/4″ x 3″, cut with the die from Springtime Impressions. Accent Piece, Rich Razzleberry CS 1″ x 5 1/2″, back with adhesive sheets before cutting with the die from the Flourish set. Flower, Garden Impressions DSP, punch two images using the 4-petal flower punch. Flower center, Rich Razzleberry CS, use a scrap, cut the image with the die from the Flourish set. Leaves and sprigs, Garden Green CS, 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″, cut the images with the die from Sweet Cake; Garden Green CS, 2″ x 2″, cut the images with the die from Foliage Frames; Rich Razzleberry CS, 1″ x 2 1/2″, cut the images with the die from Flourish set.
- Panel #2 Elements – Focal Image, Soft Sea Foam CS, 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut the image with the die from Foliage Frames. Small Leaves, Garden Green CS, use a scrap, punch two sets of leaves with the leaf punch. Large Leaves, Mango Melody CS, two @ 2″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the die from Seasonal Layers.
- Panel #3 Elements – Flower Cluster, Mango Melody CS 2 3/4″ x 2″, cut with the die from Petals and More. Dragonfly, Rich Razzleberry CS, 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, back with adhesive sheet before cutting with the die from Detailed Dragonfly. Mango Melody CS 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, cut with the die from Detailed Dragonfly.
Stamping and Inking Details:
- Front Panels – Ink the edges and raised images of the three embossed panels in Bermuda Bay.
- Inset panel #1 – Using the stamp from Gallery Grunge, stamp the spotted image in Soft Sea Foam. Stamp the sentiment from Waterfront in Rich Razzleberry ink.
- Butterfly – Ink the center of the wings in Soft Sea Foam. Ink the edges and body center in Rich Razzleberry.
- Ink the Mango Melody DSP flowers in Mango Melody ink.
- Inset panel #2 – Using the stamp from Gallery Grunge, stamp the woodgrain image in Rich Razzleberry. Stamp the sentiment from High Tide in Rich Razzleberry. On the Garden Green leaves, stamp the spotted image from Gallery Grunge in Garden Green. Ink the edges of the leaves in Garden Green.
- Inset Panel #3 – Using the stamp from Gallery Grunge, stamp the spotted image in Soft Sea Foam. Stamp the sentiment from Ribbon of Courage. Highlight the Rich Razzleberry Dragonfly with Clar Wink of Stella pen.
- Panel #1 – Gold Faceted Gem – one small
- Panel #2 – Pearlized Doily – one
- Panel #3 – Basic Jewels Clear Rhinestones – one large and three medium and Gold Mini Sequin Trim, about 4 1/2″
- Ribbon hanger and panel connectors – 1/4″ Rich Razzleberry Velvet Ribbon, one @ 8″ and four @ 2″
To construct each panel, refer to the video tutorial for all the details. If you need some supplies to complete the project, I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store. Remember you can always earn WOW Loyalty Points on your orders.
Thank you so much for visiting today. I am happy to help if you have any questions.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!