My #1 request, from my followers, is for more masculine cards. Well, today I’ve got one for you. Mine is for Father’s Day, but the sentiment can be changed and adapted to birthday, get well, congratulations and so much more.
Yes, I am one lucky lady. My Dad of 90 years is still with us. So this Father’s Day he will be receiving this card. Dad’s been on the farm his entire life and loves nature. The papers in the Beauty of the Earth set drew me in and the rest is history.
If you guys know anything at all about me, you know I LOVE texture and layering. I knew I wanted to use some foliage on the card, but I didn’t know how beautiful the texture could be when using the Linen Specialty Paper. First, did you know you could stamp on it? Yep, but wait there’s more. You can die cut it too.
Do yourself a favor. Break out the catalog and turn to page 14. That’s where you will find the A Wish for Everything set. And boy or boy is that really a set for everything. The sentiments will take you through the entire year.
Not only that, you can pair it with the Word Wishes die set as well. Check that one out on page 166. Watch how easy it is to work with the new Linen Specialty paper. You’ll be stamping and die cutting it right away. I promise.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Basic White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mats – Early Espresso CS – Two @ 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Beauty of the Earth DSP – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Words – Merry Merlot CS – 1 1/2″ x 6 1/2″, back the CS with Adhesive Sheets then cut with the dies from the Word Wishes die set
- Foliage – Bumble Bee CS – two @ 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from Forever Flourishing. Cinnamon Cider CS – 4″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Stitched Leaves die set. Merry Merlot CS – 5″ x 1 3/4″, cut with the dies from the Forever Flourishing die set.
- Linen Leaves – Linen Specialty Paper – Linen Paper – 1 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ and Basic White CS – 1 3/4″ x 4 1/4″. Stamp two of the leaves in Cinnamon Cider and the larger one in BumbleBee. Apply the Linen Paper to the Basic White CS. Die cut the leaves with the dies from the Stitched Leaves set. Ink the edges, tone on tone.
- Inside Accent Band – Beauty of the Earth DSP – 1/2″ x 4″
- Plaiyng with Patterns Resin Dots – 1 medium – Yellow
Father’s Day Card Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!