Hi and Welcome! Are you smiling? I hope my Mason Jar of Daisies brings you some joy today. Daisies are perhaps the most cheerful plant on the planet. The meaning of daisies is related to their cheerful appearance. They are flowers that symbolize positivity.
A friend of mine needed a pick-me-up this week. So, I broke out my punches and created this sweet mason jar of daisies happy card.
Here’s a little trivia for you. The daisy flower actually contains two flowers: the petals and the cluster of disc petals are two separate flowers. Daisy flowers also symbolize a new beginning, with fresh hopes, as they close their petals at dawn and open them once again when the sun shines. This card just makes me happy.
First of all, I wanted the card to be simple to reproduce. I’m teaching a class of 12 and wanted everyone to be successful and happy. Stampin’ Up! punches to the rescue. I’ve combined the Medium Daisy and Small Bloom to create the sweet mason jar of daisies. By adding a little of the greenery from the Forever Flourishing die set, my arrangement was complete.
Finally, adding the cute mason jar shaker dome, I was able to cut some stems to give a realistic feel to my mason jar of daisies. Another great touch was to add a watercolor wash in the background. It gives the appearance of water in the jar.
While I used Christmas paper, you’ld never know it. The Toile Tidings DSP is a returning fave from last year’s holiday catalog. The plaid pattern was perfect for this card. I would love to share my free video tutorial with you. Hope you decide to create one of these very happy cards.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mats – Garden Green CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Toile Tidings DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″, punch the bottom center wih the Jar Punch.
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Inside Accent Band – Toile Tidings DSP – 3/4″ x 5″
- Backer for the Mason Jar – Very Vanilla CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, watercolor wash with Balmy Blue ink.
- Daisies – Very Vanilla CS – 11″ x 2 1/2″, punch 6 images with the Medium Daisy punch.
- Daisy Centers – Crushed Curry CS – 3 1/2″ x 1 1/4″, punch 3 images with the Small Bloom punch.
- Leaves – Garden Green CS – 3 1/4″ x 4″, cut with the die from the Forever Flourishing die set.
- Stems – Garden Green CS – three @ 1/4″ x 3 1/2″
- Tag – Very Vanilla CS – scrap – punch tag with the Gift Bow Builder punch.
- Linen Thread
- Gold Glitter Enamel Dots – three large
- Mason Jar Shaker Dome
Mason Jar of Daisies Product List
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!