Ready for some the techniques? Wondering how to use the new Masking Paper from Stampin’ Up! No worries, I’ve got you covered in today’s FREE card making class. I’ll show you three different way to use the masking paper, all in one card.
Technique #1 will feature the large background die from the Organic Beauty die set. Use the die to cut the image from the Masking Paper. Voila, you’ve just created yourself a custom stencil. I wanted the background on the card to look like a lattice. Do you think I’ve achieved it?
By using my Blending Brush I was able to blend Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze. Once blended, you just peel away the Masking Paper to reveal your pattern. Break out all this large dies and have a play.
Technique #2 is an oldie but goodie, You can stamp an image onto the masking paper, cut it out and use it to create lots of dimension on your projects. Just remember, whatever you stamp first will come forward.
I used this technique on both the focal image and the set of flowers on the inside of the card. Ready to learn these two techniques along with a bonus on the envelope? In my video tutorial I’ll show you all the tips and tricks.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Cajun Craze CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 4 1/4″
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Technique Mat – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Accent Band – Cajun Craze CS – 1″ x 6″, embossed with the Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder
- Focal – Vellum CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the largest circle from the Stylish Shapes die set
- Leaves & Large Sprigs – Basic White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, stamp all images in Old Olive and die cut with the dies fro the Organic Beauty die set
- Rose Focal Image – Basic White CS – 3″ x 5 1/2″, stamp the roses in Pumpkin Pie and the leaves in Old Olive
- Sprigs – Old Olive CS – 3 1/2″ x 2 3/4″, cut three with the die from the Organic Beauty die set
- Masking Paper – cut one rose image on one of the large background die images
- Envelope – Basic White
- Heart Pearls – 1 large and 2 small
Masking Paper Techniques with True Beauty Product List
Hope you have some fun with this one. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!