Don’t you just love it when you purchase a new stamp and learn multiple ways to use it? That’s what I’ll be showing you in this marbled background card series. The star of the show is our Marbled Background stamp from the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog. This is the first of three cards in the series and this one showcases a great technique, emboss resist.
The beautiful swirly background is very easy to create. All you need is the marbled background stamp, clear embossing powder, an embossing buddy, heat tool, a couple of sponge daubers and two color inks of your choice. In this case, I used Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz. And presto, you get this lovely effect. You could use this technique on any type of card.
I’ve published a how-to video on my YouTube Channel, WOW NOLA Creations. My channel is fast approaching 4000 subscribers and I would love to have you join in the fun. When I hit that magic number, I’ll be having a fantastic giveaway and by subscribing you’ll be notified of all my latest video posts. You won’t want to miss out on the giveaway.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Heavy Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Early Espresso CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Embossed Mat – Blushing Bride CS 5″ x 3 3/4″, embossed with the Layering Leaves Embossing Folder
- Focal Mat – Early Espresso CS 4 3/4″ x 2 1/4″
- Marbled Background Mat – Whisper White CS 4 1/2″ x 2″
- Sentiment – Scallop Oval – Pear Pizzazz CS 2 1/2″ x 1 1/2″; Stitched Oval – Whisper White CS 2 1/4″ x 1 1/2″
- Leaves – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 2 3/4″
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!