Woohoo, the new Boughs & Blossoms Bundle includes a punch. And not just any punch, a punch with pretty leaves and small flowers. This is fast becoming one of my new favorite punches in my stash. Today’s card is a lesson on layering.
I love creating layers and by using a variety of circles, you can create a focal image on any project. Because I used the new Heart & Home DSP, I’ve created a lovely soft springtime look. My color palette includes Fresh Freesia, Basic Gray, Garden Green and Basic White.
Because you can easily create botanicals to add to your cards, the Bough Punch is a must-have. You can create two distinct images to mix and match.
By incorporating my Layering Circles die set, I was able to create a one of kind focal image with those beautiful DSP patterns. Not only that, I added even more texture with the Hive 3D Embossing Folder. That’s another new item in your January-June Mini.
This card makes me happy with it’s layers and texture. I know you would love to see this one come together. Just click this link to head over to my YouTube Channel. While you are there, I invite you to subscribe.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Fresh Freesia CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray, the leafy image in Garden Green and the floral image in Fresh Freesia
- Mats – Basic Gray CS – one @ 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and one @ 3 1/8″ x 4 1/8″
- DSP Mats – Heart & Home DSP – one @ 4″ x 5 1/4″ (woodgrain pattern) and one @ 3″ x 4″ (floral pattern)
- Scallop Circle – Pale Papaya CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the die from the Layering Circles die set
- DSP Circles – Heart & Home DSP – Woodgrain pattern 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, floral pattern 2″ x 2″, green leafy pattern 1 3/4 X 1 3/4″. Emboss the green circle with the Hive 3D Embossing Folder and ink in Garden Green.
- Accent Band – Fresh Freesia CS – 1″ x 5 3/8″, emboss with the Hive 3D Embossing Folder.
- Flower – Basic White CS – 1 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, stamps two images in Fresh Freesia. Apply Wink of Stella and fussy cut the images.
- Sentiment – Basic White CS – 3/8″ x 2 3/4″, stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray. Flag the right side with the Tailored Tag punch.
- Boughs & Leaves – Garden Green CS – 2″ x 8″, punch three sets of the leaves and one of the floral with the Bough Punch. Twist the leaves and ink all images in Garden Green.
- Envelope – Basic White
- Butterflies – Brushed Brass – 3 large
- Bling – Champagne Rhinestones – one medium and 6 small
Boughs & Blossoms Card – Product List
New Products – January-June Mini Catalog – Launching 1/4/22
- #157712 Boughs & Blossoms Bundle
- #157928 Heart & Home Designer Series Paper
- #158136 Brushed Brass Butterflies
- #157955 Hive 3D Embossing Folder
Start preparing your shopping list. Ordering, from the new January-June Mini and Sale-a-Bration Catalogs will begin January 4, 2022. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!