Hi, Everyone! Yep, you don’t need to adjust your glasses, or rub your eyes, it’s paper and it’s a rose. A Hot Air Balloon Rose to be exact. The first time I flipped through the 2019 Annual Catalog and spied the new Hot Air Balloon Punch, the image reminded me of a flower petal. At that moment I knew I wanted to create a 3D rose.
Well, I figured it out and would love to share the details with you. My WOW Team saw this first hand during our monthy Team Meeting. They loved it and I hope you do too. At the end of the meeting, everyone was throwing out color combinations. One of my favorite suggestions was a Tropicana inspired color palette. Can’t wait to try that one. Want to join my WOW Team? We have so much fun together. Would love to have you as a part of my team.
By decorating one of our new little Mini Shipping Boxes, it gave me a gorgeous platform for my Hot Air Balloon Rose to shine. My daughter’s birthday is coming up. I think I’ll fill this little gift box with goodies for her. She’ll think her Mom is so clever. hahahaha!!
Be sure to order your Hot Air Balloon punch today so you can start creating your own roses. Here’s what you need to punch to create the rose as I’ve designed it.
Creating the Hot Air Balloon Rose
- Base – One 1 1/2″ Circle
- Petals – You will need a total of 17 images. Divide as follows.
- Row #1 – 6 Hot Air Balloon Images
- Row #2 – 5 Hot Air Balloon Images
- Row #3 – 3 Hot Air Balloon Images
- Row #4 – 2 Hot Air Balloon Images
- Center – 1 Hot Air Balloon Image
Of course, I wanted to dress up the little mini shipping box. Tasteful Textures is the lovely stamp set I used to create that vintage inspired image. Be sure to stamp first, then emboss with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder.
There’s a trick to creating those fabulous veined leaves. I hope you enjoy my free video tutorial that will show you this technique and all you need to know to create the rose.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Base for the Rose – one 1 1/2″ circle. Be sure to punch the circle from the same color you are using for your petals. In this case I’m using Real Red CS.
- Petals – Real Red CS – approximately 1 sheet – punch 17 Hot Air Balloon images.
- Leaves – Garden Green CS – two @ 2″ x 5 1/2″, each scored at 1″, place folded strips in the Corrugated Embossing Folder, run through the die cutting machine. On the fold of the strip, cut 1/2 moon shapes. I cut five for this rose.
- Box – Mini Shipping Box
- Mats – Garden Green CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 2 3/8″, two @ 2 3/4″ x 2 3/8″
- Embossed Mats – Whisper White CS – one @3 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, two @ 3 1/2″ x 2 1/8″, two @2 1/2″ x 2 1/8″
Ordering in my online store is quick and easy. Just click any image below to begin filling your cart. During the month of June, my FREE Thank You gift for all orders $50 or more (before tax and shipping), is a package of the Noble Peacock Rhinestones. Please use the Host Code, YX3GQD2F, to qualify.
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!!