Hello Everyone and Welcome! Today’s card features the Healing Hugs stamp set. I am very excited to share this project with you. It’s my swap card for the Stampin’ Up! Alaska Cruise. I can’t wait to see all the other cards in the swap. I’ll share those with you when I return from this exciting event.
Be sure to check out the Healing Hugs stamp set and all the beautiful samples on page 110 of our Annual Catalog. This set features Stampin’ Up!’s DistINKive technology. It takes away all the fear of two and three step stamping. Be sure to check out my video here. I’ll show you how you can achieve the two tone look and a little rock and roll action on the leaves.
I think you all know me by now, at least I hope so. I LOVE layers and texture in my projects. This one is no different. The fabulous background texture was created with our new Tufted 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. It’s fast becoming one of my favorites.
That gorgeous designer series paper is Petal Promenade. Oh my, one side is even more lovely than the other. The color combination I used for this card is Sahara Sand, Fresh Fig, and Petal Pink. Yummy, right? And guess what, those colors can all be found in the DSP. I love to finish the inside of my cards as well. And I just couldn’t resist stamping that gorgeous rose one more time.
That detailed accent piece, cut from Fresh Fig CS, is from the Delicate Lace Edgelits. That one may be easy to miss because it’s not featured in any of the bundles or stamp sets. It’s all by itself under the Big Shot die section of the catalog on page 217.
Want to try your hand at this one? Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base: Sahara Sand CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat: Petal Pink CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Tufted TEIF
- Mats: Fresh Fig CS – one @ $” x 3″, one @3″ x 2″ and one @ 2″ x2″
- Layering Mats: Petal Promenade DSP – one @ 3 7/8″ x 2 7/8″, one @ 2 7/8″ x 1 7/8″ and Sahara Sand CS – one @ 1 7/8″ x 1 7/8″ embossed with the Layering Leaves TEIF.
- Rose and Leaves: Whisper White CS – 3″ x 7″
- Sentiment: Petal Pink CS – 2 3/4″ x 1 3/4″, cut with the Layering Ovals and Sahara Sand CS 3″ x 2″, cut with the Layering Ovals.
- Accent Trim: Fresh Fig CS – 6 1/4″ x 1 1/4″, cut with the edgelit from Delicate Lace Edgelits.
- Inside Mat: Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamp the rose and leaves and shown in the video above.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the small piece of Sahara Sand CS and cut with the layering ovals die. Ink the edges in Fresh Fig.
- Stamp the sentiment on the inside mat and one rose in the lower right hand corner.
- Pop the sentiment to the scallop oval.
- Wet glue all the mats to each other.
- Wet glue the embossed mat to the card front.
- Adhere the accent die cut to the right side of the largest layering mat. Trim as needed.
- Adhere the leaves to the flowers. Accent both the rose and leaves with the Clear Wink of Stella. Pop the rose to the smaller mat.
- Adhere the largest of the 3 layering mats to the card front. Adhere the rectangular mat to the card front. Pop the square mat with the rose to the card front.
- Pop the sentiment to the card front.
- Adhere 3 Metallic Gold pearls to the card front.
As always, I would very much appreciate you shopping in my online store for any of the supplies you need to create this project.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!