It’s part of life. We all need sympathy cards. They send words of encouragement, love and support. To create them on the spur of the moment can be a tough task. I find it better to chose a set and some beautiful paper and create a few to have in my card stash.
The beautiful font in the Heal Your Heart set coordinates beautifully with the Fine Art Floral DSP. By changing up my designer papers, I was able to achieve one with a little more neutral design and one a bit more feminine.
Can you see all the “brush strokes” in the DSP. It looks like an artist’s canvas. I think it’s so calming and tranquil.
My color palette is Basic White, Pool Party, Pretty Peacock and Terracotta Tile. I just pulled some colors from the gorgeous DSP.
Here’s how the magic happens:
- Card Base – Basic White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mats – Pool Party CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Fine Art Floral DPS – 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Accent Band – Pretty Peacock – 1″ x 4″, embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder.
- Focal Mats – Pool Party CS – two @ 1 1/4″ x 4″
- DSP Focal Mats – Fine Art Floral DSP – two @ 1 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Leaves – Terracotta Tile CS – 4 1/4″ x 3″, cut with the die from the Forever Flourishing die set.
- Scallop Circle – Pretty Peacock CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from the Layering Circles die set.
- Circle – Basic White CS – punch one 2″ circle.
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Inside Accent Band – Fine Art Floral DSP – 1″ x 4″
Ready for card #2. This time I’m changing up the colors, adding a few more layers and lots of dry embossing.
I’ve said it before, but it’s worth saying again. Embossing folders are underrated. They add so much texture and interest to your designs. In this sympathy card, I’ve used three different folders to do just that.
Take a quick look at the flowers. To achieve all that texture, I punched the images with the Small Bloom Punch, then ran the images through my Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.
The sweet little flower centers are from the die included in the Hydrangea die set. It embosses and cuts the images at the same time.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Bumblebee CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Subtle 3D embossing folder
- Vertical Band – Old Olive CS – 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder
- Mat – Bumblebee CS – 2 7/8″ x 4 3/8″
- DSP Mat – Fine Art Floral DSP – 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Scallop Square – Bumblebee CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from the Layering Squares die set
- Embossed Square – Basic White CS – 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″, embossed with the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – 2 3/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from the Forever Flourishing die set
- Flowers – Bumblebee CS – punch 6 images with the Small Bloom Punch and emboss with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. Basic White CS – 1″ x 5″, cut with the die from the Hydrangea die set.
- Sentiment – Old Olive CS – 3/4″ x 2 7/8″ and Basic White CS – 1/2″ x 2 7/8″
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
How about a FREE video tutorial? I find those helpful, how about you?
Need a few supplies? I would be honored to earn your business.
Sympathy Cards Product List
Need a few more sympathy card ideas? Click here to view some other cards I’ve designed. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!