What’s a Happy, you ask? I have a friend that coined that phrase. It’s a little treat holder you create, to share a little something sweet, with friends and family. This time our theme is Easter, and the Wood Crate Framelits to the rescue! For this happy, I turned the little crate into an Easter basket.
When using this die, you’ll need two images. One of the best parts, the die also scores the card stock. I wanted to step it up a notch and ran the images through the Big Shot with the Basket Weave 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. It really gave it an Easter basket look and feel.
To finish off the basket, I needed a handle. So, I just cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 9″ x 1/2″. Because I wanted to dress it up a bit, I also added a strip of the Gingham Gala DSP.
Don’t you just love the little squirrel holding the sunflower? It reminds me of my backyard. We have very large oak trees and a whole bunch of squirrels. Every Spring, I plant giant sunflowers and they climb the stalks to get to the sunflower seeds. It’s all good, I plant so many, I still have my share to bring inside to enjoy.
I would love to show you how quick and easy this little happy is to create. How about a FREE video tutorial?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Crate – Crumb Cake CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, cut two images using the Wood Crate Die. Run through the Big Shot with the Basket Weave folder.
- Handle – Crumb Cake CS – 9″ x 1/2″ and Gingham Gala DSP – 6″ x 3/8″
- Banner – Gingham Gala DSP – 2″ x 3″, stamp sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black, punch the image with the Duet Banner Punch.
- Scallop Circle – Pineapple Punch CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut the image with the Layering Circle Framelits.
- Circle – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, stamp the squirrel in Memento Tuxedo Black, color the image with watercolor pencils as follows: Sunflower – Daffodil Delight; Sunflower Center – Early Espresso Leaf – Granny Apple Green; Squirrel – Early Espresso; Hat/Jacket – Pacific Point; Jacket Trim – Calypso Coral. Cut out the image with the Layering Circle Framelits.
- Flowers – scraps of Pineapple Punch and Granny Apple Green CS – using the Bitty Blooms Punch Pack, punch two flowers from Pineapple Punch and from Granny Apple Green punch two center and four leaves.
Ready to whip out some of these super cute happies? I would appreciate you shopping my online store. Use my February 2019 Host Code, JQ2439N9, place a $50 order (before tax and shipping) and I’ll send you a FREE package of Basic Rhinestones. A little thank you from me to you.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!