Hey Boo-tiful, time to get your Trick or Treat on! This super cute Halloween card will get the party started. The new Toil & Trouble Halloween Suite of products in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog is filled with so many new goodies. Treat yourself to some and create adorable Halloween treats and cards. This card features the Toil & Trouble Halloween DSP. Can you say, super cute?
I just couldn’t resist creating this card for a swap I’m participating in with fellow Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the U.S. For my swap I chose the Cauldron Bubble Bundle. Not only can you stamp the images, color them and cut them out, but many of them are in the DSP. And guess what? The dies match the paper. How quick and easy is that?
Don’t say Witch like it’s a bad thing. Isn’t she just the sweetest and the star of this show. The color palette for this card is Gorgeous Grape, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Granny Apple Green and Whisper White. I just love the new colors that Stampin’ Up! has added to our color families.
It was sort of difficult to photograph the new Black Foil paper, but believe me it’s so shiny and makes a great impact. The Swirls and Curls Embossing Folder was the perfect touch to bring in a little of a spooky feel.
I sure do hope that my video tutorials are helpful. I would love to hear your feedback. Come in for a spell, sit back, relax, I’m as happy as a witch in a broom factory to share this one with you.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Gorgeous Grape CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Pumpin Pie CS – 4″ c 5 1/4″
- Top Mat – Toil & Trouble DSP – 3 3/4″ x 3″, ink the edges in Memento Black ink.
- Bottom Mat – Black Foil Sheet – 3 3/4″ x 2″, run through the Big Shot with the Swirls and Curls embossing folder.
- Scallop Oval – Granny Apple Green CS – 3 1/2″ x 2 3/4″, cut the die from Layering Ovals.
- Oval – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ – cut with the die from Layering Ovals. Stamp off in Gorgeous Grape the image from Spooky Sweets. Ink the edges in Gorgeous Grape. Spritz with the Champagne Shimmer Paint/Alcohol mixture.
- Witch – Toil & Trouble DSP – Fussy cut or die cut one of the witches from the DSP. Highlight areas with the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen.
- Spider Web – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 2″, cut with the die from Cauldron Framelits Dies.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the Halloween sentiment in Granny Apple Green. Hinge stamp the Trick or Treat in Gorgeous Grape using the Stamparatus.
- Black 3/8″ Glittered Organdy Ribbon – about 16″
Lace up your boots, grab your broom, it’s time to fly to my online store to order your Halloween supplies.
Until next time, Create Something Boo-tiful!!