Booing is a Halloween tradition of surprising neighbors with treats during the month leading up to the holiday. Families sneak special treats onto neighbors’ or friends’ or kiddos’ porches after dark. I think my Halloween Candy Cone is the perfect treat for just that.
There’s lots of reasons you’ll want to create multiples of my Halloween Candy Cone. First, it’s easy. Second, it’s large enough to fill with lots of treats. Third, you can hang it on the door handle, ring the bell and BOO!
My plan? Hang a couple of these on my grandkids door, ring the bell and hide. When they open the door, let them know they have been BOOED!!
To create both the ruffle and the rosette, you only need a 6″ x 12″ piece of DSP. In today’s video tutorial, I’ll show you a shortcut to get all your scoring done at once. Sharing little tips and tricks with you makes me happy.
Don’t let the rosette scare you. I’ve got some tips on creating that as well. Be sure to have a silicone craft sheet and hot glue gun and you’ll be set. Here’s how my Halloween Candy Cone will look on the door.
Cute right? This one is for my grandson. It’s filled with Reese’s Franken-cup treats. We refer to my granddaughter as a chocoholic. Hard to believe that when whe she was little she hated it. Now, she’s a purist and the more milk chocolate the better. In today’s video, I’m switching up the papers and creating one for my sweet girl.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Halloween Candy Cone – Magic in this Night DSP – 12″ x 12″
- Handle – Basic Black CS – 1″ x 11″ and Magic in the Night DSP – 3/4″ x 12″
- Ruffle & Rosette – Magic in this Night DSP – 6″ x 12″, on the 12″ side score every 1/2″. Cut into four equal strips of 1 1/2″. Ink the strips in Blackberry Bliss.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 1″, stamp the senitment in Cajun Craze.
- Bats – Black Glitter Paper – 2″ x 1 1/2″, cut with the die from Halloween Magic set.
- Circle for Rosette – Basic Black CS – 2″ circle.
- Ribbon – 3/8″ Glittered Organdy Ribbon – 8″
- Iridescent Pearls – 2
Halloween Candy Cone Product List
Okay that one was fun. Hope you give it a try. Let me know if you do. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!