We all give a fine bottle of wine to family and friends from time to time. The Half Full stamp set will make that not only easy, but special. Nothing says special more than a handmade card. This one is quick and easy, but with that WOW factor, of course. This card accompanies the wine cover I created a couple of days ago.
I love how Stampin’ UP! products all coordinate. You can create beautiful projects, choosing papers from one suite to another. Who would have thought that the DSP from the Delightful Daisy pack would go so well with the images in the Half Full stamp set? Thanks, Stampin’ Up!
I started with a card base of Very Vanilla. You know me, I love texture, so the first mat in Tangerine Tango, is embossed with the Layered Leaves TEIF. Both the leaves and the banner were created using the Delightful Daisy DSP. You can create both of those elements using some handy punches, the Banner Triple and Leaf punches are must-haves in my studio.
I love font in the Half Full set. This one is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut with the framelit from the Rose Garden set. I thought the sentiment needed a little bling, so I looped some of our Silver Metallic thread behind it before popping it to my card front.
Don’t forget to finish the inside of your cards. This time I stamped not only a sentiment, but a little border of wine glasses on a separate mat of Very Vanilla CS. If you would like to see me put this one together, join me on my YouTube Channel for a FREE tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Tangerine Tango CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″, embossed with the Layered Leaves TEIF
- Banner – Berry Burst CS – 5 1/4″ x 2″; Delightful Daisy DSP – 4 3/4″ x 1 1/2″, punch one end of each with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 3 3/4″ x 2″, stamp the image from the Half Full set in Memento Tuxedo Black, cut out the image with the framelit from Rose Garden, ink the edges in Tangerine Tango ink.
- Wine Glasses – Very Vanilla CS – 3 1/2″ x 3″ – stamp the image in Memento Tuxedo Black, color with the Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist Stampin’ Write Markers. Fussy cut the images.
- Leaves – Delightful Daisy DSP – punch three sets of leaves with the Leaf Punch.
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″ – stamp the sentiment and row of wine glasses in Memento Tuxedo Black. Color the glasses with the Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist Stampin’ Write Markers.
- The card will fold at the top.
- Adhere the inside mat to the inside of the card.
- Adhere the Tangerine Tango mat to the card front.
- Adhere the two banners together only at the top edge. Then adhere to the card front, only applying the glue to about 1/3″ of the Berry Burst banner.
- Create a cluster of loops by wrapping the Silver Metallic Thread around your fingers, twist in the middle and attach to the back of the sentiment with a dimensional.
- Pop the sentiment to the card front.
- Adhere the leaf clusters under the sentiment with wet glue.
- Adhere one wine glass to the card front with wet glue, Pop the other with dimensionals.
All supplies can be found in my online store.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!