My Dad is about to celebrate his 91st birthday. Time for a special card, don’t you think? My Grassy Grove Shadowbox Fancy Fold is so Dad. He loves everything outdoors and nature inspired. A farmer his whole life, there’s no big surprise about that.
My color combination for today’s project is a bit Fall inspired. We’ve got Cinnamon Cider, Bumblebee, Old Olive and Basic White. To achieve both the detailed trees and the blue sky background, I’ve used the fabulous new Sale-a-Bration item, Simply Marvelous DSP.
Even if you don’t want to kick it up a notch with the Grassy Grove shadowbox, you can create this lovely card front and have a fabulous masculine card design. But, as you know, you’re only 91 once. And Dad loves it when I create interactive cards for him.
By using my handy Stampin’ Write Markers in Old Olive and Cinnamon Cider, I was able to ink up the tree stamp. That way, I could easily achieve two colors in the image.
Is that die cut not gorgeous? I love the way the deers are nestled up behind the trees. It looks like they are taking a walk in the forest.
Because I used all but one die from the set, this card gives you a true feel for what you can create when you purchase this new bundle.
That lovely sentiment is from another new Jan-June Mini Catalog offering. The Flowering Tulips Bundle is another great set. When I saw that sentiment, I knew I wanted to use it in Dad’s card.
The Grassy Grove Bundle can be found on page 47. It’s a 9-piece cling stamp set with a 10-piece coordinating die set. Not only for masculine card designs, I can see this one used in your Christmas card making too!
Creating the Grassy Grove shadowbox fancy fold isn’t difficult. With just a few easy score lines, you’re on your way. Click here to view my FREE video tutorial filled with all the tips and tricks.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Basic White CS – one @ 5 1/2″ x 10 1/2″, scored on the 10 1/2″ side @ 1/2″, 4″, 4 1/2″ and 8″. One @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed Mat – Cinnamon Cider CS – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Inside DSP Mat – Simply Marvelous DSP – Coastal Cabana – 5 1/2″ x a smidge less than 3 1/2″
- Inside Die-cut Mat – Simply Marvelous DSP – Bumblebee – 5 1/2″ x a smidge less than 3 1/2″
- Die-cut Deer – Cinnamon Cider CS – 2″ x 3″, cut with the dies from the Grove die set
- Inside Accent Band – Bumblebee CS – 5 1/2″ x 1″, embossed with the Evergreen Forest 3D Embossing Folder
- Inside Sentiment – Basic White CS – 4″ x 3″, cut with the die from the Scalloped Contours die set. Stamp the sentiment from Flowering Tulips in Cinnamon Cider.
- Front Sentiment – Basic White CS – 1/2″ x 2 3/4″, stamp the sentiment from Sweet as a Peach in Cinnamon Cider.
- Small Leaves – Old Olive CS – 2″ x 2 3/4″, cut two sets with the dies from the Grove die set
- Stamped Images – Basic White CS – 3 1/2″ x 11″, stamp images as follows:
- Deer – Cinnamon Cider
- Large Mound – second generation Bumbleebee
- 2 sets of Trees – Stampin’ Write Markers in Cinnamon Cider and Old Olive
- 2 Small Mounds – Old Olive
- Clouds – Simply Marvelous DSP – two @ 1″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the die from the Majestic Mountain die set
Grassy Grove Shadowbox Fancy Fold Product List
- New Jan-Jan Mini and Sale-a-Bration Products
- #157845 – Grassy Grove Bundle
- #157672 – Flowering Tulips Stamp Set
- #158128 – Simply Marvelous DSP – FREE Sale-a-Bration Item
Let me know if you decide to give this one a try. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!