“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower”. -Albert Camus. How true is that with my Gathered Leaves card. I wanted the leaves to shine, to take center stage, to ring in the Autumn season.
Stampin’ Up!’s fabulous die set, Gathered Leaves, are fantastic. The cut and emboss at the same time!! As an avid card maker, I know I love that.
Because I spritzed my Crushed Curry card stock, before die cutting, it further enhanced the embossing. But, you guys know me, I couldn’t stop. Breaking out the new Delicata Metallic Ink Pad was a great decision. Look at al that glimmer. We have three new colors, copper, silver and gold. This time, copper of course.
Let’s take a closer look at yet another technique. That sparkle texture on the larger leaf. I created that with our Shimmery White Embossing Paste. Coloring it with the our Cajun Craze ink refill gave it the perfect Fall color. All I had to do was spread it over our new filigree mask. Voila, instant interest and texture. Not to mention, a fabulous shimmery finish.
There’s one more new product in that lovely focal mat. It’s the Mercury Glass Designer Acetate. WOW, just WOW!! I backed it with a piece of the Come to Gather DSP. I think that tied everything together. Don’t you?
Moving on to creating the panels, for the Gathered Leaves card, I continued my shimmery leaf theme. Did you know that you can stamp with the metallic inks? Subtle, shimmery and beatiful, what a great trio.
It was easy to choose a color palette. If you’re ever stumped, check out the colors on the back of the DSP. For my Gathered Leaves card, I used Pretty Peacock, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla. Want to see me put this card together?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Pretty Peacock CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, on the 11′ side, score @ 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″.
- Z-Fold Crushed Curry CS – 3 1/4″ x 9 3/4″, on the 9 3/4″ side, score @ 3 1/4″ and 6 1/2″.
- DSP Mats – Come to Gather DSP – two @ 4″ x 2 1/2″ and one @ 5 1/4″ x 4″. Emboss with the Subtle Embossing Folder. Ink the edges in Cajun Craze.
- Focal Mat – Come to Gather DSP – 3″ x 3″, Mercury Glass Acetate – 3″ x 3″.
- Inside Mats – Very Vanilla CS – two @ 3″ x 3″.
- Leaves – Crushed Curry CS – one @ 3″ x 3″ and one @ 2″ x 3 1/2″, die cut with the Gathered Leaves die set.
Did you enjoy that? I would love your comments. Feedback is always helpful and appreciated. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!