WOW! A fun Zoo Globe Trio. Today’s card is a lesson on how to use lots of the stamps in the Zoo Globe set. Not only can you use the little characters to create fabulous focal images, but you can mix and match to create your own designer series paper.
Creating my own designer series paper is a favorite technique of mine. And why not surround the Zoo Globe trio of characters with balloon bouquets and sweet birds. I’ve stamped them tone on tone on Bermuda Bay card stock.
Watercolor pencils are your friends today. Did you know we have two different color packages available? They are one of the most affordable color mediums and oh so easy to use.
Because our Layering Circles die set has soooo many sizes in the set, it’s easy to create just the right size circles for this an any other project. That set is a definate staple in my studio.
And surprise, there’s even a koala you can add to the tree! Can’t get too much cuter than that. Let’s do some watercoloring together.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″.
- Mat – Early Espresso CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamped Mat – Bermuda Bay CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Scalloped Circles – Early Espresso CS – 7 3/4″ x 3″, stamp the Zoo Globe Trio in Basic Gray. With the watercolor pencils, color the elephant in Basic Gray, giraffee in Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry, kangaroo in Early Espresso. All the leaves are stamped in Old Olive and colored in Old Olive watercolor pencil.
- Circles – Whisper White CS – 7 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Sentiment Whisper White CS – 1 1/4″ x 2 3/4″, stamp in Bermuda Bay, cut with the die from the Ornate Frames die set.
- Inside Mat – Bermuda Bay CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Inside Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″. Stamp the tree and koala in Basic Gray. Color the koala in Basic Gray, tree trunk in Early Espresso and tree in Old Olive.
- Note: All grass mounds are colored in with a blender pen and ink from the Old Olive ink pad.
- Metallic Pearls – 9 in silver
- Ribbon – Playing with Patterns Combo Pack – 5″
Fun with Zoo Globe Trio Product List
Wasn’t that fun? Hope you enjoyed it, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!