Welcome everyone! Are you ready to smile? Today’s card is an interactive shaker, featuring the Zoo Globe set from the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. Check it out on page 54. The super cute characters make the best cards for those young at heart.
A giraffee, kangaroo, elephant, koala and sweet little birds round out the menagerie of characters. They are all just too stinkin’ cute for words. Because I used our fabulous watercolor pencils, they were all quick and easy to color.
Also, the Zoo Globe set has a mix of fonts for lots of occasions. It’s a 17-piece photopolymer set making it easy to line up the images. Be sure to use your Stampin’ Pierce Mat to get a fabulous crisp image.
Seems like Stampin’ Up! had a great plan for this set. Why? The dies in the Snow Globe Scenes set coordinate. That makes it super easy to cut the globe opening and base.
Because I used the Forever Greenery DSP for my background it looks like a little jungle theme. Then I finished off the shaker with the Flowers for Every Season Gems. A little of those go a long way.
Can’t get too much cuter than that, right? I’ld love to share with you how quick and easy this shaker comes together.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Just Jade CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″.
- Mat – Pretty Peacock CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- DSP Mat – Forever Greenery DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″, cut the globe shape 1 1/2″ from the bottom of the DSP with the die from the Snow Globe Scenes set.
- Globe Trim – Pretty Peacock CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, nest the circle and scallop circle from the Layering Circles set and die cut the ring.
- Globe Base – Shimmery White CS – 3″ x 2″. Stamp the image in Pretty Peacock, cut with the die from Snow Globe Scenes set. Color the scallop trim with a blender pen and ink from the Pretty Peacock ink pad.
- Tree & Giraffe – Whisper White CS – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, stamp and color as follows.
- Giraffe – Stamp in Early Espesso. Color with watercolor pencils; giraffe with Daffodil Delight, spots with Crushed Curry.
- Tree – Stamp in Pretty Peacock. Color with watercolor pencils; trunk with Early Espresso, tree with Old Olive and Garden Green, blend with a blender pen.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the balloons, sentiment and grass in Pretty Peacock. Stamp the giraffe in Early Espresso. With watercolor pencils color the balloons in Daffodil Delight and the giraffe as outlined above. Using a blender pen pull color over the stamped grass.
- Stems – Just Jade CS and Pretty Peacock cS – one each @ 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, cut two sprigs in each color with the die from the Forever Flourishing set. Apply wink of Stella to all sprigs.
Zoo Globe Shaker Card Product List
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!