Do you love techiques? Would you like to learn how to use your vellum, Shimmery Crystal Effects and Ice Stampin’ Glitter to the MAX? Well, I think my Frosted Foliage technique card is for you!
The beautiful frosty focal image was created with our vellum card stock. I’ve got a trick on adhering it to the gorgeous Feels Like Frost DSP. Psst, it’s all in the video below!! But first, I would love to share the snowflake technique with you. Look how sparkly and dimensional these are.
Use the die in the Frosted Foliage bundle to cut some snowflakes out of Whisper White CS. Liberally spread your Shimmery Crystal Effects on the surface. Next, run to the kitchen and grab a coffee filter. Yep, a coffee filter, you’ll thank me later. Dump a little of your Ice Stampin’ Glitter in the coffee filter and press the surface of the snowflake in the glitter, picking up lots of that chunky goodness. Once you’re done with all your snowflakes, just pour the glitter back in the pot. No waste and you’ve contained the glitter. Your welcome!!
Be sure to finish off the inside of your card and the envelope with some quick and easy stamping. Using three generations of stamping, you’ll achieve different tones of the same color.
And the last technique for this one – how to achieve a Night of Navy embossed sentiment without that particular color embossing powder. All you need is your clear embossing powder. It’s that easy. Come on in my studio and I’ll show you how.
Okay, what are you waiting for? Don’t you want to jump in and try these techniques?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Night of Navy CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Feels Like Frost Specialty DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Focal Image – Vellum CS – 4 1/4″x 5 1/2″. Back the vellum with adhesive sheet. You can find this product on Amazon. Die cut the focal image with the die from Frosted Frames. Stamp the image as shown in the video using Night of Navy Ink and Clear Embossing Powder.
- Snowflakes – Whisper White CS – 1 1/2″ x 4″, cut three with the die from Frosted Frames. Apply the Shimmery Crystal Effects and Ice Stampin Glitter as shown in the video tutorial.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the sentiment in 1st generation Night of Navy. Stamp the dandelions in 3rd generation Night of Navy.
I would appreciate you shopping by online store for any supplies you need.
Frosted Foliage Technique Card Product List
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!