If you’re like me, you’re loving the new Painted Seasons stamp set and designer series paper. But, things just got even better on March 1st. We now have the Four Seasons Framelits available. No more fussy cutting those beautiful images. Break out that Big Shot to make creating this Four Seasons set of cards quick and easy.
Using just one card design, I’ve created a card for each of the four seasons. Nothing says texture like embossing and I’ve used a different folder on each of the cards. Let’s say, that set the stage. Let’s start things off with Spring.
This card makes me smile, how about you? The color combo is Grapefruit Grove, Call Me Clover and Whisper White. I think that says fresh and new, just like Spring. By using a sponge dauber, I was even able to add a little color in the center of those gorgeous flowers. Our Country Floral embossing folder, which you can earn for FREE during Sale-a-Bration, added all that fabulous texture in the background.
Next up in our four seasons lineup we have Summer. Those sweet succulents remind me of warm days and lots of sunshine. The color combo came from the DSP, Lemon Lime Twist, Petal Pink and Whisper White. And don’t you think the design in the Quilt Top embossing folder, reminds you of flower petals? Moving along, we travel to Autumn.
Lovin’ the colors in this one, but I’m drawn to those deep rich autumnal tones. And that sweet little mushroom paper is just too cute for words. I’ve used Poppy Parade, Grapefruit Grove and Whisper White in this one. The leaves in the Climbing Vines embossing folder work perfectly for this card. Last, but not least, we have Winter.
Because I’m on the farm and things revolve around the barn, especially during the winter season, I thought that the Pinewood Planks embossing would be a great backdrop to my non-traditional Christmas card. It reminds me of the barn, the warmth of home. Keeping that in mind, I used Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Whisper White as my color palette.
In my FREE video tutorial, I’ll show you how I’ve created this Four Seasons card set, all the products I used and some tips and tricks along the way. I hope you give it a try.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Bases: All bases are 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″; Spring – Grapefruit Grove, Summer – Lemon Lime Twist, Autumn – Poppy Parade, and Winter – Early Espresso.
- Mats: All base mats are 4″ x 5 1/4″. Spring – Call Me Clover, Summer, Autumn and Winter – Whisper White.
- Embossed Mats: All embossed mats are 3 3/4″ x 5″. Spring – Whisper White embossed with Country Floral, Summer – Petal Pink embossed with Quilt Top, Autumn – Grapefruit Grove embossed with Climbing Vine, Winter – Crumb Cake embossed with Pinewood Planks.
- Banners – Painted Seasons DSP – All banners are 2″ x 4 1/4″, punched with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Focal Mat – All base focal mats are 3 1/3″ x 2″. Spring – Grapefruit Grove, Summer – Lemon Lime Twist, Autumn – Poppy Parade, Winter – Early Espresso.
- Embossed Focal Mat – All embossed focal mats are 3 1/4″ x 1 3/4″. Spring, Summer and Autumn – Whisper White, Winter – Crumb Cake. Emboss each with the same folder as the coordinating embossed mats above.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – start off with a piece of 8 1/2″ x 11″, stamp all the images as shown in my video. Scrap of Pool Party for the small sprigs on the Summer Card.
- Linen Tread – Double loop bows on the Winter and Autumn cards.
You can find all the supplies I’ve used in my Four Seasons card series in my online store. I would very much appreciate your business.
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!