Hi Guys! So happy you’re here. Today I’m sharing a Hey Chick four panel fancy fold and soooo much more. My WOW Team had a challenge in February. I challenged them to create a card using the new Hey Chick bundles. Well, to say the least they knocked it out the park. Those that participated, had their names placed on the prize wheel. The winner is featured here today along with a video tutorial. But don’t worry, all the other cards from the challenge are here as well. And the winner is Eva Hibbing.
Eva’s four panel fancy fold really shows off lots of the characters from both stamp sets and dies. I love the bright colors she chose and the whimsical look. At the end of the post, I’ll show you my rendition along with a video tutorial. But, for now lets, take a look at the other cards entered in the challenge. First up, June Hay’s fabulous Tower Fold.
Fantastic, right? Who wouldn’t want to receive this stinkin’ cute card? I’ve got to learn how to create this fold. I can see so many possibilities. What do you think, didn’t she do a great job? Next up, we have Paula-Kay Bourland’s Z-Fold.
So much interest and texture. I love the way she used the chicken wire die all along the z-fold. And what about those cute little eggs? Nice touch! Let’s see whose next. It’s Lisa Lepine with a very fancy gatefold.
Not only is it a gatefold, it’s also got floating panels on the inside. Each little scene, makes me smile, How about you? Can you image how much stamping and coloring she put into this one? Told ya, my WOW Team is the BEST!! Ok, let’s dive into the details of Eva’s card. This is my interpretation. I didn’t have the same papers, but the four panel fancy fold is the same.
Four Panel Fancy Fold
Eva used the Ombre paper from Sale-a-Bration. I substituted with the 2020-2022 In-Color 6″ x 6″ designer series paper.
Coloring was easy and very relaxing. Our blends are fantastic. No matter which color combo you use, I think you would be happy with the outcome.
I’ve created lots of four panel fancy fold cards, but I have to say this one was the most FUN! Here’s your free video tutorial so you can create one of your own. Be sure to thank Eva for the fabulous design.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Basic White CS – 11 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 1/4″, 3 3/4″ and 7 1/4″. On the 5 1/2″ side, line the cutting blade at 5/8″ and cut down to 7 1/4″ scoreline. Remove this long tab.
- Front Base Panel – Basic White CS – 4 1/4″ x 2 3/4″
- DSP Mats – 2020-2022 In Color DSP Stack – two @ 2 5/8″ x 4 1/8″, two @ 3 3/8″ x 4 3/4″, and one @ 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″.
- Chickens – Basic White CS – one @ 2 1/2″ x 12″ and one @ 2 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. All stamped in Memento Black.
- Fence – Early Espresso CS – 2 1/4″ x 8 1/2″, cut eight images.
- Sign – Sahara Sand CS – 1 3/4″ x 2″
- Cornstalks – Cinnamon Cider CS – 3″ x 4 1/2″, cut three
- Corn Husks – Cinnamon Cider CS – 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut six
- Corn – Mango Melody CS – 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut six
- Sentiments – Mango Melody CS – 2″ x 2″ cut with the scallop circle, one @ 1 1/2″ x 2″ cut with the Happy Birthday die from the Birthday Chick Dies. Early Espresso CS – 1 1/2″ x 2″, cut with the Happy Birthday die from the Birthday Chick Dies.
Four Panel Fancy Fold Hey Chick Supply List
Hope you decide to create this card for someone special in your life. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!