Welcome back! Time for Card #2 in our 3-card series with the Forever Greenery Suite. And what could make things better? Embellishments, of course!!
Yep, that’s right, gold hoops. I’m going to date myself, but I used to have earrings just like that. Who else? I think they were a wardrobe staple in the 70’s. But, this time, they are going to create the perfect backdrop in your card designs.
Because I treated that fabulous gold hoop as a “wreath form”, I was able to add bits and elements to decorate it. It was a no-brainer to add in more of those Forever Gold Laser-Cut images. I’m so glad that I decided to punch them all out of the sheets and store them in our Clear Medium Envelopes. Now, it’s quick and easy to grab one or two while creating.
Because the stamp set is one with DistINKive technology, the images are very realistic. You’ll look like an artist in no time flat. And don’t forget to finish off the inside of the card. With so many image choices, you can create a lovely frame for your sentiment.
In card #2 of the series, I’ll show you how to easily incorporate both the ribbon and hoops. Psst….. I’ve even added a new in-color. Can you guess which one?
Here’s how the magic happens, Card #2.
- Card Base – Just Jade CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score @ 4 1/4″
- Mat – Shaded Spruce CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Forever Greenery DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 1 3/4″ x 6″ – stamp the “hello” and two of the leaf images in Shaded Spruce. Die cut the sentiment with the Stitched So Sweetly die. Die-cut the leaf images with the dies from the Forever Flourishing set.
- Accent Images – Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty DSP – one large branch, two leaf clusters.
- Sentiment Accent – Just Jade CS – 1 1/2″ x 3″, cut with the die from the Forever Flourishing set. Apply wink of stella to the die cut.
- Envelope – Whisper White
- Ribbon – Forevery Greenery Trim Combo Pack – 6″
- Embellishment – Gold Hoop – one
Need a supply list so that you can create Card #2? I’ve got you covered.
One more to go!!! I sure hope you join me for card #3. I’m switching things up and changing the color palette. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!