I just love it when Stampin’ UP! offers large background dies. And the Florentine Thinlit Die did not disappoint. It’s more than just a die cut though. You could die cut the Florentine Thinlit and use it whole, in pieces, as a stencil and in any color you would like.
Break out those watercolor pencils because you just won’t believe how easy it is to create the beautiful background behind the Florentine Thinlit.
Because of the awesome color coordination in the Stampin’ Up! products, each element in the card matches. The color in the pencils, inks and papers are all the same. That makes creating a breeze.
I hope you can appreciate the dimension of the “friend” die cut sitting on that gorgeous Florentine Thinlit. I cut three images with the Well Written framelit, stacked them together, so that I would achieve a more substantial look. Can you believe it? In that bundle there are twenty-four dies and fifty-one stamps. WOW!!!
I knew I wanted the inside of this card to be special, so I’ve added some heat embossing. The sentiments in the Strong & Beautiful stamp set are lovely. Be sure to check that one out. In my FREE video tutorial I’ll show you how easy the Florentine Thinlit is to use. Enjoy!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Old Olive CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Technique Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Florentine Thinlit – Thick Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Butterflies – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, stamped in Memento Black, filled in stamping with Rich Razzleberry, Calypso Coral and Old Olive. Punched with the Butterfly Duet Punch.
- “Friend” – Rich Razzleberry CS – 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, back with Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet, die cut three with the die from Well Written.
- Inside Mats – Rich Razzleberry CS 4″ x 5 1/4″ and Whisper White CS 3 3/4″ x 5″, punch two corners with the Detailed Trio punch. Swipe the embossing buddy over the Whisper White mat. Stamp the sentiment from Strong & Beautiful in Versa Mark, sprinkle with black embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool.
You can find all the supplies you need to complete this card in my online store.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!