We have another family birthday this month. This time, one of my wonderful sisters. It was soooo easy to create the floating & fluttering birthday card for her. Why? Kathy’s favorite color is purple and she loves butterflies. My sister has a heart of gold, is the life of the party and loves to create. Here she is doing just that with one of her good friends, Darlene.
Did I mention she also bails me out on numerous occasions. I’m so lucky, she helps me out cutting classes, sorting all those bits and coming to my rescue during our annual community service project. I can always count on her.
Time to celebrate her birthday with a beautiful card. As soon as I saw the new Floating & Fluttering set, I knew I would use it to create Kathy’s card.
Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Whisper White and Mossy Meadow made up the color palette for her floating & fluttering birthday card. Remember she LOVES purple.
Using my Stamparatus made creating this card a lot easier. I needed lots of butterflies to make the card extra special.
Because I used a bit of Press and Seal to position the butterflies, it was easy to create a floating effect on the card. Not sure how to do that? Well, you know I’m not going to leave you hanging. I’ll show you how to do that in the today’s video. But first, the inside of the card has to be as pretty as the outside.
Well, what do you think? Will Kathy love her floating & fluttering birthday card? I even dressed up the envelope extra special.
Ready to learn some tips, tricks and techniques? I’ve got a few for you in today’s card class.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Gorgeous Grape CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 4 1/4″
- Mat – Mossy Meadow CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Focal Mat – Highland Heather CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Butterflies – Whisper White CS – five @ 3″ x 3 1/2″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
- Small Leaf Sets – Whisper White CS – 1 1/4″ x 3″
- Technique Butterfly – Gorgeous Grape CS – 2″ x 2″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Gold Leaf Accents – Forever Gold Specialty DSP
- Stencil – Forever Gold Specialty DSP
- Pastel Pearls – two in Purple Posy and one in Highland Heather
- Ribbon – Sheer Gorgeous Grape – 6″
- Gilded Leafing Embellishment
Items that will be available beginning January 5th.
- Floating & Fluttering Bundle – #156239
- Happy Thoughts Samp Set – #154507
- Pastel Pearls – #154570
- Gorgeous Grape Sheet Ribbon – #154572
- Gilded Leafing Embellishment – #154560
- Blending Brushes – #153611
- Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine – #150673
Floating & Fluttering Birthday Card Product List
If you would like a chance to win the BIG Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, check out my post here, for all the details. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!