My Mom has a special birthday fast approaching. I wanted to create a card that celebrated that. This First Frost birthday card fills the bill.
Who am I kidding, the entire Frosted Floral Suite in the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog is fantastic. Don’t miss out on the 10% discount on the First Frost bundle. That discount will expire January 2nd.
I love the watercolor look created with the set. Creating this First Frost birthday card started off with deciding which fancy fold to incorporate. Displaying the card was a must, since my Mom never discards any of the cards we gift her. But, since the First Frost set didn’t have birthday sentiments, I went to my stash and pulled the Very Vintage and Beautiful Bouquet sets. They had the perfect sentiments I wanted to share with her.
Did you know that all of our designer series paper packs have a list of the colors used, listed on the back packaging? That’s a great place to start your design process. That makes it easy to choose a color palette. In the Frosted Floral Specialty DSP, there are rich colors including Night of Navy, Blackberry Bliss and Mint Macaron.
I wish I could have captured the frosted look of this paper in the photos. It has a shimmery pearlized look. And again, you can use this paper long past the holidays. On top of that, the bundle includes an eleven piece framelit set with lovely floral images and a fabulous frame.
Would you like to create this card for someone special? Here’s my FREE video tutorial to show you how.
As promised in the video, here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″
- Inside Card Base – Night of Navy CS – 7 1/2″ x 3 3/4″, scored at 3 3/4″
- Card Base Mats – Night of Navy CS – two @ 21/2″ x 4″ and one @ 5 1/4″ x 4″. Frosted Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper – two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ and one @ 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Inside Card Mats – Whisper White CS – three @ 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
- Stamp the first panel with the stamps from Very Vintage; the doily in Mint Macaron and the sentiment in Night of Navy
- Stamp the second panel with the leaf border from First Frost in Mint Macaron and the sentiments in Night of Navy from the Beautiful Bouquet set.
- Stamp the third panel with Mint Macaron and Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Write Markers with the stamp from First Frost. Punch the top and bottom of the left side with the Detailed Trio punch.
- Die cut the rose and the thistles with the dies from Frosted Bouquet Frametlits.
- Closure – Night of Navy CS – 2″ x 3″ and Frosted Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper – 1 3/4″ x 3″
- Scalloped Circles – Blackberry Bliss CS – 5″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the Layering Circle Framelit
- Stitched Circle – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelit
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, stamp the rose in Blackberry Bliss and the Thistles in Mint Macaron and Night of Navy.
- Sprigs – Mint Macaron CS – 4″ x 2 1/2″, cut two with the die from Frosted Bouquet Framelits Dies.
- Tea Room Mint Macaron Ribbon – About 20″
- Sequins – Metallics Assortment – 3 white iridescent.
Need some supplies to create this beauty? I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store. Just click on any of the images below and it will bring you to my shopping page. There you can start to fill your cart. Happy shopping!
Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!