Welcome!! I’ve got a great card to share with you today. Festive Corners is a stamp set that will take you through multiple seasons and holidays. Those include Christmas, Halloween and Valentine’s Day. Today’s project we’ll use the set to create a super cute flip fold Christmas card.
Because the flip fold is so easy to master, you’ll be creating multiples in no time flat. You’ll need a ruler and one easy measurement. In my video tutorial, I’ll even show you how to get the two DSP mats to fit perfectly.
Dressing up the Festive Corners flip fold with the sweet die cut from the Ornate Borders die set added even more of a WOW factor with very little effort. If you are in the market for a new die cutting machine, I’ve got the perfect one for you. Stampin’ Up! has just launched the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Did I mention, it cuts like a dream!
Who knew I would be reaching for that sweet Wreath Builder die set so much? This time, I cut the wreath from Mossy Meadow cardstock, spritzed it with Champagne Shimmer Mist and used it to frame my sentiment.
And the star of the show, in my opinion, is the Festive Corners stamp set. I used my Stamparatus, to achieve perfect placement and a deep rich stamped image. Positioing the sentiment in the corner and while maximizing the flip fold, it allowed that cute peek-a-boo feature. Watch how easy the flip fold is to create.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Real Red CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″. Measure from the top right to 3 1/2″ and place a tick mark. Next, measure from the top right to the lower right to 3 1/2″ and place a tick mark. Place the card base on the trimmer platform, lining up the tick marks in the track. Score from tick to tick. This will form you flip fold.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the Festive Corners sentiment in the upper right corner in Mossy Meadow ink.
- Inside Accent Strip – Heartwarming Hugs DSP – 3/4″ x 4″
- DSP Mats – Heartwarming Hugs DSP – 4″ x 5 1/4″. Be sure to check out the technique in my video tutorial to cut the mats just right!
- Scallop Trim – Whisper White CS – 1″ x 6 1/2″, cut with the die from Ornate Borders die set.
- Circle – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from the Layering Circles die set. Stamp the senitment in Real Red and the leaves in Mossy Meadow. Color the berries with a Real Red marker.
- Wreath – Mossy Meadow CS – 4″ x 4″, cut with the die from the Wreath Builder die set. Spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist.
- Red Rhinestones – 3
Festive Corners Flip Flop Christmas Card Product List
Be sure to check back soon. I’ll be sharing a Halloween card made with the Festive Corners set. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!