I’m excited to share another technique with you all today. This time it’s the Faux Linen Technique, vintage style. This is another oldie, but goodie, one I love to create with. All you need is a little tissue paper, stamps and ink. Let’s get started so I can share this fabulous technique with you.
Isn’t that stamp set yummy and oh so vintage? It’s the Very Versailles set from the Annual Catalog. My color palette is Whisper White, Sahara Sand Pear Pizzazz and Rich Razzelberry.
I hope you can see the faux linen technique on the stamped mat. I’ve stamped the images on tissue paper. Yep, that’s right. You know, that tissue paper you use to wrap presents with. How economical is this technique?
Creating handmade flowers is another one of my favorite things to do. I’ve created these with the Small Bloom Punch and a little Rich Razzelberry ink. That gorgeous flower center is one of the Frosted Expoxy Droplets.
To create the faux linen technique, just stamp on the tissue, allow it dry and then crumple it up to create all that lovely texture and interest. Then apply wet glue to your card stock mat and mount the tissue paper to the mat. It’s just that easy. In today’s video tutorial, I’ll teach you, not only the technique, but the flower shaping as well. Enjoy!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mats – Rich Razzelberry CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Technique Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Sentiment Label – Rich Razzelberry CS – 3 1/2″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the die from the Ornate Frames set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the die from the Ornate Frames set.
- Flowers – Whisper White CS – 1″ x 7″, punch six images with the Small Bloom Punch. Ink with Rich Razzelberry ink.
- Leaves – Pear Pizzazz CS – 3/4″ x 5 1/2″, punch six images with the Apple Builder Punch.
- Branches – Vellum CS – two @ 2 1/4″ 4 1/4″, cu with the die from the Birds & More die set.
- Enevelope – Whisper White
- Ribbon – Snowflake Splendor – 6″
- Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets – 3 large frosted
Faux Linen Technique Versailles Card – Product List
Break out that tissue paper and give this one a try. I think you will enjoy it. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!