All of us have those special friends, there through thick and thin. They need to know how much they mean to us. My Fall Inspired Friendship Frame was created for my wonderful WOW friends that attend my weekly classes. These ladies are the best. We laugh, cry, create and pray together each Wednesday evening. Big shout out to Cindy, Peggy, Connie, Charlene, Margie P., Tammy, Joan, Shawn, Carol, Kathy, Liz, Julie and Margie B. That’s my WOW Gang!!
During a recent WOW Class, I made a kit for each WOW member to create one of these for someone special in their lives. It was a lagniappe project. Everyone enjoyed it so much. The Friendship Frame started off with a recent visit to my local Dollar Tree. I spied the frame and my creative wheels started to turn. Because the frame was rustic and aged, I knew it would make the perfect Fall project.
Creating a fabulous background was the first task at hand. That’s when I decided to use my brayer and create a background with our new Basic Pattern Decorative Masks. That’s a long product name for stencils. Using our sponge brayer and the tree mask, I rolled Soft Suede onto a piece of Very Vanilla. But, the trees needed some texture. That’s where the technique came in. I inked up the Birch Background stamp in Early Espresso and stamped over the stencil. See how it created the little lines and textures on the tree trucks?
Free as a Bird is a very popular stamp set in the Annual Catalog. That one had the sentiment I wanted to use. I stamped it in Soft Suede and continued with the Fall leaf theme. Those cute little copper leaves are from a great new punch pack, Every Season.
By stamping the bird in StazOn, I was able to use my watercolor pencils to give it some color. Blending with the Wink of Stella, kills two birds with one stone. In other words, the blending and shimmer happened all at once. Hooray!!
Ready to create a Friendship Frame of your own? You know I won’t let you down. Here’s my video tutorial for you. It’s just like stamping with me.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Frame – Local Dollar Tree – 4″ x 6″ – you can buy them individually at the store or in bulk on the website.
- Background Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 3 7/8″ x 5 7/8″. With the Basic Pattern Decorative Mask and Soft Suede ink, roll on color using the sponge brayer. Stamp over the mask, with the Birch Background stamp in Early Espresso.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from Petal Labels. Stamp in Soft Suede with the stamp from Free as a Bird.
- Bird – Very Vanilla CS – 3″ x 3″, stamp with the bird from Free as a Bird in Black StazOn. Color with watercolor pencils as follows. Beak in Pumpkin Pie, breast in Bermuda Bay, top of the bird in Daffodil Delight, legs in Early Espresso. Blend with Wink of Stella. Fussy cut the image.
- Leaves – Daffodil Delight CS – one @ 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the large leaf die from Gathered Leaves, emboss with Hammered Metal EF. One @2″ x 2″ cut the large embossed leaf from the Gathered Leaves set. Cajun Craze CS – 3 3/4″ x 2″, cut the medium and small embossed leaves from the Gathered Leaves set. Pumpkin Pie CS – 2″ x 4 1/4″ – cut one of the medium embossed leaves from the Gathered Leaves set and the large detailed leaf from Seasonal Layers set. Ink all the leaves with the Delicata Copper Ink.
- Small Leaf – Soft Suede CS – 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ – cut with the die from Seasonal Layers and embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder.
- Branches – Soft Suede CS – two @ 1 1/2″ x 4 3/4″, cut with the die from Seasonal Layers.
- Sprigs – Copper Foil – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the die from Frosted Frames.
- Small Copper Leaves – Copper Foil – from a scrap, punch two leaves with the punch from the Every Season Punch Pack.
- Small Flower – Daffodil Delight CS – from a scrap, punch one flower with the punch from the Every Season Punch Pack.
- Designer Element – one in copper
Product List – Friendship Frame
In the comment section below, be sure to let me know if you decided to create a Friendship Frame for someone special in your life. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!