As crafters, we are always looking ahead to the next holiday to create something beautiful. Easter will be here before we know it. That’s why I chose the Fable Friends stamp set to kick off the season.The images are so cut, easy to color and the set has a variety of sentiments.
Stampin’ Up! makes creating quick and easy. You can select on project from one suite and it will match or coordinate with those in another. So, using an embossing folder for my Fable Friends duck image I selected new “Dot to Dot” folder. I though it gave just the right amount of texture.
My coloring medium was watercolor pencils They are easy to use and blend beautifully. For the mother duck I used Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Granny Apple Green. Because I used the aqua painter to blend, it gives a soft look to the card.
Finishing off the inside of the card, I chose the row of baby ducks stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. Aren’t that just too cute? To ground them I just added a few scribbles of the Granny Apple Green and blended with the aqua painter.
Did you notice the stitching around the embossed mat? That’s because I cut the rectangle first with the Rectangle Stitched framelits. So much texture and interest, right up my alley. I would love to teach you how to create this card. I’ve filmed a FREE video tutorial for you.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White cS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/5″ scored at 2 1/8″ on each side.
- Mat – Pineapple Punch CS – two @ 1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″
- Mat – Gingham Gala DSP – two @ 1 5/8″ x 5″
- Focal Mat – Pineapple Punch CS – 3 1/8″ x 4 1/2″ and Granny Apple Green CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the Rectangle Stitched Framelit and then embossed with the Dot to Dot embossing folder.
- Scallop Oval – Pineapple Punch CS – 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the Layering Oval Framelit.
- Oval – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the Layering Oval Framelit. Stamp the image in Memento Tuxedo Black. The color with the medium you choose. Back the image with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 2″, Stamp the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black. Cut the words apart and back with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Flowers – Scraps of Pineapple Punch and Granny Apple Green. With the Bitty Blooms Punch Pack, punch 3 flowers, 3 centers and six leaves. Build the flowers with the wet glue. Pop dot just one of the flowers. Apply wink of Stella to the center of the flowers.
- Stamp the row of ducks on the inside of the card and color each.
I would love to pamper as one of my customers. Here is a list of the supplies you’ll need for this card.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!