If I had to pick a style, it would have to be vintage. This gorgeous Easter vintage fancy fold is a card I’m pretty proud of. I love all the elements and the colors. Because one of my WOW Club Members asked for Easter cards for her club night, I created today’s card.
Before we get into this card, I would love to award a prize from my last blog post. Congratulations, Jackie Heikes. Jackie won one of my Lenten Service Projects. Jackie, be sure to contact me here so that I can get your prize in the mail.
Now, let’s really get into this Easter vintage fancy fold. By adding the detailed cross to the center of the gorgeous Heirloom Frame, I was able to add lots of lovely elements.
Because I chose the Pressed Petals Specialty DSP, I was able to incorporate lots of rich colors. My color palette is Very Vanilla, Merry Merlot, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Mossy Meadow.
After cutting and embossing the beautiful Heirloom Frame, I lightly inked it in Crumb Cake. Then it was all about embellishing. I love piecing together designs. This lovely Easter vintage fancy fold is no exception.
One of my favorite things to do is create my own flowers. I call these my scruncy flower. Why? By spritzing them with Champagner Shimmer Mist, crumbling them and allowing them to dry, you can create flowers with lots of texture and interest. Psst…. Don’t miss out on that Small Bloom punch. It’s free during Sale-a-Bration.
By opening the first flap of the card, you will unveil the first of two sentiments. Don’t forget too, you can stamp on designer series paper. I just love that.
Open the final flap and you’ve got your second sentiment and lots of room to write your note to someone very special. Be sure to check out my video tutorial to see how easy this Easter vintage fancy fold can be.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vailla CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Flap – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 5″ x 4 1/2″, score on the 4 1/2″ side at 1/2″
- Embossed Mat – Merry Merlot CS – 3 7/8″ x 4 7/8″
- Mats – Merry Merlot CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Pressed Petals Specialty DSP – 3 11/16″ x 4 15/16″
- Embossed Frame – Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the Heirloom Frames die and embossed with the Heirloom Frames 3D embossing folder.
- Cross – Soft Suede CS and Crumb Cake CS – cut one in each color @ 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, using the dies from Cross of Hope set.
- Flowers – Pressed Petals Specialty DSP – punch 15 images with the Small Bloom Punch.
- Sprigs – Very Vanilla CS – 1 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, cut three with the die from Frosted Bouquet.
- Stamped Images – Very Vanilla CS – 6 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
- Inside Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 3″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the die from Stitched So Sweetly.
- Inside Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, punch all corners with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Champagne Rhinestones – 5 small and 1 large
Easter Vintage Fancy Fold Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!