Time for my Easter Treat Extravaganza! Do you love to put a smile on the faces of those important people in your life? You can do that with just a little something we refer to as a “happy”. Nothing says love like a handcrafted little something.
All four of the treat holders are pretty quick and easy to create. I highlighted the projects on my recent Facebook Live. Be sure to Like and Follow my WOW NOLA Creations Page so you don’t miss out on any future Susan WOW Live Shows. I’m LIVE Sunday evenings at 7pm (CST). Can’t make the LIVE, no worries, I always post the video and you can catch the replay. Now back to these super cute Easter Treats.
1st up we have this super cute cookie treat. I was able to snatch these up at my local Dollar General. They have bunnies, Easter eggs and chicks. But, for this one I chose the bunnies. Be quick, they are selling out fast!!!!!
Using the Daisy Delight stamp set and punch it was super easy to make a fabulous topper for my treat.
Here’s how the magic happens on this one.
- Designer Series Paper – Painted Seasons – 9 1/2″ x 2 3/4″, round off the corners with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Daisy and Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 8 1/2″. Stamp two of the daisy images from the Daisy Delight set, in Calypso Coral, punch with the daisy punch. Stamp the sentiment from the Fable Friends set in Memento Tuxedo Black. Punch out the sentiment with the 1 1/4″ circle punch.
- Scallop Circle – Calypso Coral CS – punch one 1 3/8″ scallop circle
- Daisy Centers and Leaves – Lemon Lime Twist CS – punch 2 sets of leaves with the Leaf punch. punch two 3/4″ circles for the center and back of the daisy.
- Whisper White Baker’s Twine – about 8″
It wouldn’t be a WOW show if we didn’t step things up. Next up we have our little Peekaboo Bunny Treat Holder. The Gingham Gala DSP makes the most darlin’ Easter Treats! Be sure to order at least 2 packages of this fabulous paper before it’s gone forever.
I picked up the cute chocolate bunnies at my local Dollar Tree. They come 3 to a package for $1. You can mix and match the colors with the DSP pack.
Wait, did you see those cute sequins? They are sticky back, so easy application. They come in assorted colors with 250 in a package. Here’s how the magic happens on this one.
- Tag Topper Easter Treat Holder – CS color of your choice – This one is Highland Heather CS – 2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/4″ and 5 3/4″. Punch both ends with the Tag Topper Punch.
- DSP Mat – Gingham Gala DSP color of your choice – This one is Highland Heather. 1 3/4″ x 4″
- Wet glue the DSP to the front of the tag topper Easter Treat holder. Punch a 1 1/2″ circle from a post it note. Use that circle to mark a place on the treat holder. The bottom of the punched circle should be 1 1/4″ from the first score line on the treat holder.
- Scallop Oval – CS color of your choice. This one is Highland Heather CS – 2 1/2″ x 1 1/2″. Cut with the die from the Layering Ovals set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 2″, stamp the sentiment from Fable Friends in Memento Black, die cut the image with the Layering Ovals set.
- Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins – color of your choice
- Ribbon – Granny Apple Green – 1/2″ Textured Weave Ribbon – about 4″
- Solid Whisper White Baker’s Twine – about 8″
Ready to step it up again? This time we will be adding a few more steps, embellishments and lots of cuteness. The Bunny Rope treats were found at Dollar General and they come 10 to a package for $1. Can’t get too much better than that. These would be cute for your kids or grandkids to bring to their classrooms for Easter Treats to share with their friends.
The cute little bunnies on the packaging started my creative wheels turning. Then I chose the color palette to match. This one is quick and easy to put together. But, it is also easy for the kiddos to get the treat without damaging the treat holder. In that way, Mom could use the bits from the treat holder to embellishment a scrapbook page to commemorate the event.
I’ve got so many people asking for the directions for this one. Here’s how the magic happens.
- Easter Treat Holder – Daffodil Delight CS – 4″ x 11″, score on the 4″ side @ 1/2″, 1 3/4″, 2 1/4″, and 3 1/2″
- Punch two 1″ circles from a post it note. Place the circle on the treat holder, 1 3/4″ from each end. Punch the little window in the treat holder.
- Accent Scallop Rings – Highland Heather CS – 4″ x 2″, punch two 1″ circles, then hover over the previously punched hole with the 1 3/8″ scallop circle and punch. You will have the two rings you need to accent the holes on the treat holder.
- Heart Border Accent – Highland Heather CS – 2″ x 4 1/4″, back the CS with multipurpose adhesive sheet. Cut the image out with the Dei from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits. Keep all the little hearts that fall out to decorate your Easter Treat Holder.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 3″, stamp the sentiment from Best Bunny in Gorgeous Grape, punch out the image with the Tailored Tag punch. Punch one Tailored Tag from Gorgeous Grape, cut it in half lengthwise. Glue each section to the sentiment, forming a frame, top/bottom.
- Small Flowers – Daffodil Delight CS – Scrap – punch two small flowers with the Bitty Blooms Punch Pack.
- Small Leaves – Pear Pizzazz CS – Scrap – punch four leaves with the Bitty Blooms Punch Pack.
- Apply Wink of Stella to the hearts you will be using to decorate your treat holder.
- Bow – Flirty Flamingo from the All My Love Ribbon Combo Pack – about 8″
Last, but certainly not least, is my WOW Easter Treat. I wanted the kiddos to have an opportunity to learn something about nature and growing something. That’s when I found the sweet little carrot chocolates at my local Dollar Tree. You can also find these at Dollar General and Target.
OMG, is this not the cutest little planter EVER? And I think the packet of Carrot seeds are the perfect little backdrop.
Are you just dying to get busy creating this? Here’s how the magic happens.
- Planter Box – Mango Melody CS – 6 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ – Score on one side @ 1 1/4″, 2 1/2″, 4″ and 5 1/4″, turn 90 degrees and score @ 1 1/4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Planter Box Insert – Mango Melody CS – 3″ x 4″, on the 3″ side score @ 3/4″ and 2 1/4″
- Punch three post it notes with the 1″ circle. Place the circles on the center panel of the insert. This will become the holes that your chocolate carrots will sit it. Punch the circles with the 1″ circle punch.
- Bunny and Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 3″ – stamp the bunny from the Best Bunny set in Memento Tuxedo Black, punch with the 1 1/4″ circle punch. Stamp the greeting from Fable Friends in Memento Black, die cut with the die from Stitched Labels.
- Scallop Circle – Mango Melody CS – punch one 1 3/8″ scallop circle from a scrap\
- DSP Mats – Gingham Gala DSP – two @ 1″ x 1 1/4″ and two @ 3 3/4″ x 1″.
- Pearls – color two large pearls with the Dark Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blend.
Below you will find all the supplies I’ve used in all the Easter Treats. I would very much appreciate your business.
Thank you so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!