Welcome everyone! So happy you dropped in to learn how to create this double column card featuring the new Cottage Rose bundle.
A huge shout out to Sam Calcott with Mixed Up Crafts for teaching me the double column fancy fold. I used her card as inspiration, but I’ve changed the measurements. It’s a very versatile fancy fold that you can alter to all sizes using lots of different sets. But today, I would love to feature the new Cottage Rose bundle and Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper.
Nothing makes a card fancier than heat embossing. At least that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. I’ve used gold embossing powder on all the card’s stamped images. It gives the card an elegant look and feel.
One of the other new products in the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog is the Distressed Gold Paper. YUMMY!!!! The pack includes two 12″ x 12″ sheets and is super easy to either punch or die cut. It will give a vintage vibe to your projects. I just love it.
The double column fancy fold was a mystery to me, until I realized it’s just two bridge folds married together. That was very clever of Sam to figure out. This is my daughter, Jennifer’s, birthday card. I know exactly where she will have it on display. That will make my heart very happy.
The two diamond shapes give the card stability and makes it easy to fold over and fit into your envelope. I did create a custom envelope for this one and extra postage will be needed. But remember, this is for my daughter. I hope you have someone just as special in your life to create this card for.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – two @ 4 1/4″ x 8″, score each @ 1 1/4″, 2 1/2″, 5 1/2″ and 6 3/4″
- Columns – Thick Very Vanilla CS – two @ 4 1/4″ x 5″, score on the 5″ side @ 1 1/4″ on each end
- Diamonds – Thick Very Vanilla CS – two @ 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, tick the top and bottom of the 4 1/4″ side @ 2 1/8″ and the top and bottom of the 5 1/2″ side @ 2 3/4″. Connect the ticks and cut away the excess to create the diamond. Emboss one of the diamonds with the Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder.
- Mats – Early Espresso CS – eight @ 1″ x 4″, two @ 2 3/4″ x 4″ and two @ 2 1/4″ x 4″
- DSP Mats – Abigail Rose DSP – eight @ 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, two @ 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ and two @ 2″ x 3 3/4″
- Sentiment – Petal Rose CS and Distressed Gold Paper – punch one each with the Label Me Lovely Punch.
- Stamped Flowers – Petal Pink CS – 2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Leaves – Mossy Meadow CS – 3″ x 6″
- Flowers & Leaves Die Cuts – Distressed Gold Paper – 2 3/4″ x 4″
- Envelope – Very Vanilla CS – 10″ x 10″, punch and score @ 3 3/4″. You will need an envelope punch board to create the envelope as I have.
- Bling – Brushed Brass Butterflies – two large and one small
Double Column Fancy Fold Product List
Hope you give this one a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!