Welcome! So happy that you stopped by today. I’ve got a technique to share. It’s the divided die-cut technique. The beautiful die from the Many Layered Blossoms set was the perfect die cut for this techinque. We are going to create two cards with the one die cut.
Because I backed the Pear Pizzazz card stock with our new Adhesive Sheets, adhering the die pieces was quick and easy. But first, I spritzed the Highland Heather die cut with our fabulous Champagne Shimmer Mist. It’s easy, just add four or five drops of the paint to a spritzer filled with 70% rubbing alcohol. Voila, you have sparkly goodness to add to your projects.
To start my divided die-cut technique I chose my orientation. Once I did that, I knew I wanted to back the die-cut with an embossed mat. I love the way the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder highlights that gorgeous die. Because I wanted each card to look a little different, I divided the die, a little off center.
For the second card, I even added one each of the smaller die-cuts in the set. Custome coloring your embellishments is easy with our Stampin’ Blends. They are alcohol based, so the color stays on the surface. This time, I used the Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend to give a pop of color. Watch how easy it is to incorporate the divided die-cut technique.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Bases – Thick Whisper White CS – two @ 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mats – Pear Pizzazz CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed Mat – Gorgeous Grape CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 5″, embossed with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder.
- Large Die Cuts – Highland Heather CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Pear Pizzazz CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, back with Adhesive Sheet. Die cut both with the dies from the Many Layered Blossoms set. Spritz the Highland Heather die-cut with Champagne Shimmer Mist.
- Small Flowers – Highland Heather CS – 2 1/2″ x 1 3/4″. Pear Pizzazz CS – 2 1/2″ x 1 3/4″, back with Adhesive Sheet. Die cut both with the dies from the Many Layered Blossoms set.
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – one @ 1 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ and one @ 1″ x 2 3/4″. Stamp both in Gorgeous Grape. Die cut with the dies from Ornate Frames.
- Rhinestones – color 5 with the Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend.
Divided Die-Cut with Blossoms in Bloom Product List
Are you ready to try this one? Would love to see your color combos. Have fun and until next time, Create Something Beautiful!