Welcome! Check out all my Dandy Garden Techniques. Hopefully, you will learn a new technique or two, that you can incorporate into your card making.
When designing today’s card, I knew I wanted it to have aged look. You know, like an old treasure map. Throughout the project, I’ve used Soft Suede to give that aged appearance.
Dandy Garden technique #1 is the use of Shimmery White Embossing Paste. The paste already has the glitter in it. Because I applied it to both floral images it gave them lots of texture and interest.
Did you notice the stained glass look of the dragonfly? This is another fabulous technique with minimal effort. Stamp the image on vellum, allow to dry. Then color on the back side of the vellum with your Stampin’ Blends. Tada, you’re a stained glass artist.
By using my blending brush, I was able to age the sentiment as well as the embossed circle. My suggestion would be to begin your blending brush collection. It’s the best way to achieve a soft blending on multiple projects.
By using one of the sheets in the Forever Gold Specialty Paper, I was able to give just enough shine and interest. It also anchors the design. Let me share with you how easy all these Dandy Garden techniques truly are.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5/12″
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the sentiment and dandelion in Soft Suede. Color with Stampin’ Blends.
- Mat – Pretty Peacock CS – 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- DSP Mat – Forever Greenery DSP – 4″ x 5 1/4″, rough up the edges with the blade of your snips. Using the blending brush and Soft Suede ink, tone down the surface of the DSP.
- Focal – Forever Gold Laser-cut Specialty Paper – select the leafy image shown
- Greenery – Soft Sea Foam CS – one @ 2″ x 5 1/2″ and one @ 3 1/4″ x 5″, cut with the dies from the Dandy Wishes die set
- Scallop Circle – Soft Suede CS – 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the die from the Layering Circles die set
- Circle – Basic White CS 0 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the die from the Layering Circles die set. Emboss with the Tin Tile 3D embossing folder. Using the blending brush and Soft Suede ink tone done and highlight the embossing.
- Dragonfly – Vellum CS – 3″ x 3″, stamp the dragonfly in Soft Suede, color with the Stampin’ Blends. Punch with the coordinating punch.
- Sentiment – Basic White CS – 2″ x 1 1/2″, stamped in Soft Suede, cut with the die from the Stitched So Sweetly set. Using the blending brush and Soft Suede ink tone done the surface.
Dandy Garden Techniques Product List
I would be thrilled to hear if you give these techniques a try. Step outside your comfort zone. I’ll bet you will not only learn something, but enjoy it thoroughly. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!