Make a wish! That’s what I think of every time a see a dandelion in the fields around my house. I love the way they sway from side to side, as the wind blows. And just at the perfect moment, you pick one, blow into it, and make a wish. This fabulous Dandelion Wishes stamp set not only contains the fabulous dandelion images but beautiful sentiments as well. And the font on the set is to die for.
One of the best parts of this card is that I created my own custom Designer Series Paper. Be sure to check out one of my previous YouTube Video, where I demonstrated how to achieve this cool background. I used the Delightfully Detailed Laser-cut Specialty Paper as a stencil. Just mix up a few drops of Granny Apple Green and Coastal Cabana ink refills, each in it’s own spritzer, with 70% rubbing alcohol. Layer the DSP onto a sheet of 12×12 Very Vanilla card stock and spritz away, creating your very own DSP.
By stamping in Versa Mark and then adding our black embossing powder, the dandelion really pops. That absolutely stinkin’ cute sentiment was cut with the die from Stitched Labels. It’s fast becoming one of my go-to sets.
I just couldn’t resist using the new Subtle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. It adds just enough texture, without taking away or fighting any of the other elements on your project.
I hope you enjoy this FREE video tutorial on my Dandelion Wishes card.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Basic Black CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Custom Specialty Paper – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Accent Band – Granny Apple Green CS – 4 3/4″ x 1 1/4″, embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 2″
- Stamp both the Dandelion image and the sentiment in Versa Mark, sprinkle with black embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Die cut the sentiment with the die from Stitched Labels.
- Lace Trim – 10″
Need some supplies to complete the project? I would appreciate you shopping my online store.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!