I’m writing this post on a very gloomy, cold December morning. And yes, a Daffodil Daydream is swimming in my head. I’m so excited to share today’s card with you. It features lots of new product in the upcoming January-June Mini and Sale-a-Bration catalogs. Both publications will launch January 4, 2022.
Springtime is right around the corner and dancing daffodils will be visible soon. I couldn’t stop smiling while creating this card. It made me think of this quote. “Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful, they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.” – Luther Burbank
The Daffodil Daydream bundle features a 7-piece cling stamp set with a 24-piece die set. Pick up this bundle in my online store and you can choose the fabulous Daffodil Afternoon DSP for FREE!
This paper has dramatic, bold botanicals on one side and a more neutral pattern on the reverse. For my card, I decided to use that bold collage pattern as a backdrop for my daffodil.
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE word dies. And the “Amazing Thanks” die set is no exception. Did you notice the shadowing effect? The dies are part of the Amazing Silhouettes bundle. Word combinations include, thanks, thank you, amazing you, and you are amazing. The stamp set has beautiful watercolor wash images.
But in my humble opinion, the Daffodil Daydream bundle is the star of this show.
I’ve got lots of ideas of how to use those intricate dies to create 3D daffodils with leaves and stems and so much more. Be sure to stay tuned. For now, let’s get back to today’s project.
Have you started your Stampin’ Blends collection? The Stampin’ Up! Blends are a fabulous coloring medium and will have you looking like an artist before you know it. To color my glorious daffodil, I’ve used Daffodil Delight (of course) and Mossy Meadow.
Don’t waste a smidge of that beautiful paper. I’ve used my scraps to cut the two bitty butterflies on the inside of the card. And did you notice that sentiment inside the card? Be sure to check out the fabulous sentiment set you can earn for FREE during Sale-a-Bration. Break out that brochure and turn to page 14 for the Special Moments stamp set. By placing a $100 order, you can earn this 21-piece set for your very own.
What an amazing set! Sentiments for all occasions and in fonts that will match any style. Ready to see this new goodies in action?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Pale Papaya CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mat – Basic Black CS – 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Daffodil Afternoon DSP – 5″ x 5 1/4″
- Focal Die Cut – Very Vanilla CS – 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″, cut with the die from the Scalloped Contours die set
- Stamped Images – Very Vanilla CS – 3 1/2″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the Daffodil and 2 butterflies in Tuxedo Memento ink. Color with the blends. Die cut with the dies from the Daffodil die set.
- Words – Basic Black CS and Pale Papaya CS – one each 5 3/4″ x 1 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Amazing Thanks die set.
- Inside Accent Band – Daffodil Afternoon DSP – 1/2″ x 4″
- Inside Butterflies – Daffodil Afternoon DSP – 1/2″ x 2 3/4″, cut two butterflies with the die from the Daffodil die set.
- Genial Gems – 3 small in Pale Papaya
Daffodil Daydream Products coming January 4, 2021
- #157795 Daffodil Daydream Bundle
- #157819 Amazing Silhouettes Bundle
- #158081 Special Moments Stamp Set – FREE Sale-a-Bration Option
- #158127 Daffodil Afternoon DSP – FREE Sale-a-Bration Option
So glad you took the time to join me today. I hope you enjoyed it. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!