Strolling the aisles of my local Dollar Tree, I spied an absolutely stinkin’ cute hot cocoa holder. I scooped up a few and continued my search. In the candy aisle, I came across a box of six, individually wrapped, peppermint spoons. SCORE!! Once I got home, I knew I wanted to use my Cup of Christmas bundle to create my hot cocoa holder.
Be sure to add the Cup of Christmas bundle to your next order before it retires. This one is being offered while supplies last. The Holiday Catalog will retire January 2, 2020. I’ve created this alternative treat holder for another gift giving idea. Need a gift card holder? I’ve got an idea for that one too!
Color palette for my hot cocoa holder is Call Me Clover, Real Red and Whisper White. You will need a piece of 12″ x 12″ cardstock to create the box. But, that’s easy with Stampin’ Up!’s 2018-2020 12″ x 12″ In Color Paper Pack.
And what’s hot cocoa without some whipped cream. To create that detail I used the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint that will also be retiring. Grab a bottle or two, it will be great to put some puffy fur on your little lambs this Easter.
Did you notice that little stitched detail on the accent bands of my hot cocoa holder? Those were created with the die from Stitched Labels. That one is an oldie, but goodie and can be found in the Annual Catalog.
Because I stamped the sentiment on a Retangle Stitched die, cut in Whisper White, I decided to color the sprigs and berries with our Stampin’ Blends. Here’s how it all came together. Hope you give it a try.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Hot Cocoa Holder – Call Me Clover CS – 9 1/2″ x 9″, on the 9″ side, score @ 1/2″, 1″, 8″ and 8 1/2″. Turn to the 9 1/2″ side and score @ 1/2″, 4 1/2″, 5″ and 9″
- Trim the scored cardstock as shown below. Once trimmed, cut the window. On the 9 1/2″ side, line up the right edge @ 1″, cut from 2″ to 7″. Slide down to 5 1/2″ and cut from 2″ to 7″. Turn to the 9″ side. Line up at 7″, cut from 1″ to 4″. Slide down to 2″, cut from 1″ to 4″.
- Decorative Accents Bands – Real Red CS – two @ 1/2″ x 4″, cut with the die from Stitched Labels.
- Cup & Bow – Real Red CS – 2 3/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the dies from Cup of Cheer. Spritz both with Champagne Shimmer Mist.
- Cup Detail – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ X 3 1/4″, cut with the die from Cup of Cheer.
- Whipped Cream Foam – Whisper White CS – from a scrap, punch a 1 1/2″ circle. Apply the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint to the top half of the circle and heat set with the heat tool.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 2 1/2″, stamp the sentiment from Cup of Christmas in Memento Tuxedo Black. Die cut with the die from the Rectangle Stitched set. Color the sprigs with the Call Me Clover Stampin’ Write Marker and the berries with the Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Snowflakes – Sparkle Glimmer Paper – punch three images with the punch from the Every Season Punch Pack. Psst….. That punch pack is retiring too.
Cup of Christmas Hot Cocoa Holder Product List
Thanks for stopping by! Until next time, Create Somthing Beautiful!