The Crackle Paint background stamp will be one you’ll be reaching for time after time. I just love it when Stampin’ Up! offers a stamp that is so versatile.
To start things off, I wanted to have some texture along with the crackle paint background. So, I stamped the Basic Gray mat, tone on tone and then ran it through the Big Shot with the Corrugated Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Talk about texture!
Because I didn’t want to do traditional coloring, I decided to break out my Brushos. They create intense color and are so fun to play with. Time to get a little inky! For both the hummer and the flower I used the Yellow and Brilliant Red.
I used watercolor paper for both the hummer and the flower. Just cut two 4″ x 4″ pieces and you’re on your way. For the flower, spritz it first with some Champagne Shimmer Mist, then with a little water. Sprinkle the entire surface with the Yellow Brusho and then the Brilliant Red. You’ll start to see the colors bloom, but when you spritz once more with your water spritzer, you’ll really see the colors come to life.
I punched three sets of leaves from Call Me Clover CS and stamped them tone on tone with the Crackle Paint Background stamp. See, it can do double duty. Inking and crimping the leaves give them more of a realistic look, don’t you think?
Using black embossing powder on the hummer and the sentiment really made them pop. I think it also gave a rich look to the card. In my FREE video tutorial, I’ll show you step by step how to create this lovely card.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Lovely Lipstick CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed/Stamped Mat – Basic Gray CS 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the Crackle Paint Background stamp in Basic Gray and then run the mat through the Big Shot with the Corrugated Embossing Folder.
- Hummingbird – Watercolor Paper – 4″ x 4″, stamp the hummingbird in Versa Mark, sprinkle with black embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Apply the brusho color as shown in the video. Cut out the image with the coordinating die.
- Flower – Watercolor Paper – 4″ x 4″. Apply the brusho color as shown in the video. Punch out the 3 images using the Four-Petal Flower punch. Ink the edges in Lovely Lipstick.
- Leaves – Call Me Clover CS – scrap – punch 3 sets of leaves using the Leaf punch. Stamp with the Crackle Paint Background stamp in Call Me Clover ink.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 2″ – stamp the sentiment in Versa Mark, sprinkle with black embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Cut out the image with the coordinating die.
- Ribbon – Lovely Lipstick Stitched Edge – 6″
- Faceted Gem – Gold, 1 large
I would very much appreciate you business. You can begin your order by selecting any of the products below.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!