It’s Fall Y’all, and nothing says that more than the Country Home stamp set. The images in this set remind me of sweet Fall floral arrangements. I love walking the levee behind my house, during this season of the year, picking Fall wild flowers. I just wish I had one of the metal cans to arrange them in. I’m drawn to the old farmhouse look.
What says Country Home better than a metal milk jug, chicken wire and beautiful Fall colors? Stampin’ Up! has made creating lovely cards like this one so quick and easy. The products in the Country Lane Suite include that fabulous stamp set along with the chicken wire elements, and the fantastic County Lane Designer Series Paper. And wait, did you notice all the texture in the background? That was created with the Tin Tile Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. That one is a must-have. It reminds me of the tin tile ceilings in lots of the old buildings here in New Orleans.
Stampin’ Blends will make you feel like an artist. These high-quality alcohol markers come in both a light and dark shade of the color offered. In my Country Home card, I’ve used dark Blackberry Bliss, light and dark Smoky Slate, dark Old Olive and light and dark Calypso Coral. The color goes on so smooth and even, you barely have to touch the paper and the color just glides!
Did you notice the splatter around the focal image? I did that using my Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Write Marker. Just use the cap on the brush tip and flick the color on. Instant texture!
To accentuate the texture on the Tin Tile embossed mat, I just sponged on a little Smoky Slate ink. It really made things pop. I’ve got a FREE video tutorial for you, to show you how I can created this Country Home card. Hope you enjoy!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat – Smoky Slate CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder
- DSP – Country Lane – 2″ x 5 1/4″
- Accent Band – Crushed Curry CS – 5 1/4″ x 3/4″, embossed with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder
- Focal Mat – Cajun Craze CS – 4 1/4″ x 2 1/2″
- Stamped Image – Thick Whisper White CS – 4″ x 2 1/4″
- On the piece of thick Whisper White, stamp the image in Memento Tuxedo Black. Color with the Stampin’ Blends markers. Flick the color on the image with your Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Sponge Smoky Slate ink onto the surface of the Smoky Slate embossed mat.
- Wet glue the Smoky Slate mat to the card front.
- Wet glue the DSP to the card front.
- Adhere the chicken wire to the card front, attaching with scotch tape.
- Wet glue the accent band to the seam of the DSP. This will also help to secure the chicken wire to the card front.
- Pop the stamped image to the Cajun Craze mat.
- Pop the focal image to the card front.
If you need any supplies to complete the project, I would appreciate you shopping my online store.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!